KegRN

Another Introduction

Hello everyone, I am a middle aged female, from Minnesota. I am not an artist but someone with bad tattoos, in the planning phase of my, hopefully beautiful, cover up. I'm here to get as much advice as possible so I don't make another mistake.

Hello everyone, I am a middle aged female, from Minnesota. I am not an artist but someone with bad tattoos, in the planning phase of my, hopefully beautiful, cover up. I'm here to get as much advice as possible so I don't make another mistake.

Welcome! Do you have an artist lined up yet? I recomend checking out Josh Arment at The Aloha Monkey. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.352660617569.155993.352646707569&type=3

I do have someone in mind but I haven't met with him yet. He had to put a freeze on his books last spring and isn't making new appointments till Aug. Good sign, right? I will check out this guy though, thanks!

I have considered maybe going to a convention as a possible way of fitting more consultations in one day. Of course I know nothing about how conventions work. Is that a possibility, or are conventions mainly for artists?

I have considered maybe going to a convention as a possible way of fitting more consultations in one day. Of course I know nothing about how conventions work. Is that a possibility, or are conventions mainly for artists?

Tattoo conventions are for anybody interested in tattoos, and I think going to one is a great idea because you'll get not only to see plenty of people's portfolios and their tattoos in person and in one place, but you can talk to tattooers and get their opinions on your cover up, you can get a sense of their personality and so on. You can get tattooed too if you want.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been pretty lazy lately reading all of the fascinating things on this forum. I have learned all sorts of new terminology, like flash, and whipshading stretch marks, and warped tour body suit. Speaking of which, I had no idea the label hipster was an insult. I guess I didn't know what a hipster was... Maybe I still don',t but I do know now why my brother was less than enthused about me using the term to describe him once.