Hey everyone!

Haley Silver

I'm going to be able to get a tattoo in a few months, and i have 2 picked out that i want. the closer i get to the date, the more nervous i get. i would love anyone to give me advice on getting the first one, to help me refine my ideas to tell the artist, and good tattoo shops/ artists for me around north hollywood area. thanks!

Hello and welcome. @SStu gave you some good advice there. I would assume from how you said that you'll be able to get a tattoo in a few months that you aren't yet 18, and if that's the case...and even if it isn't...take your time and don't rush it, especially if you feel nervous about it. Take the time to learn a little bit about tattoos...I would suggest browsing this forum, watching the artist interview videos, Vice's Tattoo Age series and the Gypsy Gentleman videos, and make sure that you find a good artist. This thread has a bunch of recommendations for tattooers in Los Angeles.