Mechanical style artist around Sea/Tac location

Bossible_

My friend just drew me an awesome steampunk fox that I planned to tattoo it on my anterior forearm. Im trying to have a full sleeve with it so a samurai (or a mechanical guy with his tools, steampunk theme) from upper arm to elbow and blend together with the fox are in my plan as well. I know that Aaron Bell is famous tattoo artist around Seattle location but seem like he doesn't do much with a mechanical, steampunk project. Any artist around Sea/Tacoma location that good as mechanical themes, steampunk themes that you guys would recommend to me? I will be so happy and appreciate your help a lot!!!!

Mechanical or steampunk is a theme or subject matter. Good artists rarely limit themselves to one or two special themes, certainly because that would get pretty damn boring year after year. My recommendation is that you learn something about different styles (photorealism, neo-traditional, illustrative, new skool, etc) and then pass your overall idea and subject matter by an artist that excels in the style you want. 

Aaron Bell specializes in the Japanese style, so he likely wouldn't be such a good target or fit, but there will be many, many artists of each style up in the PNW. 

Something else to consider - any great artist probably isn't going to have much if any interest in exactly reproducing your friend's artwork. The exception to that "rule" might be artists who specialize in photorealism, but even then you're friend is going to have to be one helluva artist himself. Your inspiration piece should likely be considered only as such - a reference (amongst others) for what the tattoo artist is going to create just for you. 

6 minutes ago, SStu said:

Mechanical or steampunk is a theme or subject matter. Good artists rarely limit themselves to one or two special themes, certainly because that would get pretty damn boring year after year. My recommendation is that you learn something about different styles (photorealism, neo-traditional, illustrative, new skool, etc) and then pass your overall idea and subject matter by an artist that excels in the style you want. 

Aaron Bell specializes in the Japanese style, so he likely wouldn't be such a good target or fit, but there will be many, many artists of each style up in the PNW. 

Something else to consider - any great artist probably isn't going to have much if any interest in exactly reproducing your friend's artwork. The exception to that "rule" might be artists who specialize in photorealism, but even then you're friend is going to have to be one helluva artist himself. Your inspiration piece should likely be considered only as such - a reference (amongst others) for what the tattoo artist is going to create just for you. 

Thank you for the words Sstu, ofc the fox will be the main thing and I will listen to the artist about the surrounding, the samurai or mechanical guy just as a reference. My problem is I dont know what artist would be "excels in the style i want"

take your time and do your research. If you spend a few weeks or months checking out websites, instagrams and such you'll get a feel for which style speaks to you. You need this tattoo to resonate with you for many decades . . . 

On 5/9/2017 at 6:05 AM, SStu said:

take your time and do your research. If you spend a few weeks or months checking out websites, instagrams and such you'll get a feel for which style speaks to you. You need this tattoo to resonate with you for many decades . . . 

Yes I will, thank you