Sign in to follow this  
bryhart

Kids 1st Tattoo - Aftercare Advice Needed!

Hello everyone. My 17 yr old son just got his 1st 3 days ago. 

He is a competitive baseball player and he pitches. He has a bullpen today but he is concerned it may cause problems. Any advice?

IMG_7527.jpg

Edited by bryhart

Any advice? I assume it will be fine to throw but he is a bit nervous. Can repetitively throwing at high velocity do anything to a new tattoo? I can't imagine it could cause any problems but I told him I would ask.

Damn 17 is young!
I generally don’t work out until it’s gotten past the initial healing stages. You don’t want to rub against a fresh tattoo and rip scabs off or continue to irritate it. Keep it out of the sun for sure. And limit friction against it. Derm bandages help but if it’s been open to the air I probably wouldn’t cover it now that fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Tattooju said:

Damn 17 is young!

Yeah...No father of the year award here. 🙂

(actually a lot of time/thought went into this for him)

2 minutes ago, Tattooju said:

I generally don’t work out until it’s gotten past the initial healing stages. You don’t want to rub against a fresh tattoo and rip scabs off or continue to irritate it. Keep it out of the sun for sure. And limit friction against it. Derm bandages help but if it’s been open to the air I probably wouldn’t cover it now that fresh.

Thanks. It has been covered since Thursday. Just exposed to clean and then re-wrapped. He will keep it covered for this session. Just didn't want to do something out of ignorance and cause a problem.

Haha no judgement here! Got my first at 18! Still one of my favorites although it is covered now

If he’s got Saniderm or something like that on it he should be okay. Just keep it out of the sun and try not to let it get rubbed too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk