Finally posting my greetings.

Devon Larz Kasler

Howdy howdy everyone. Long time lurker of these forums, made an account, lurked some more, finally getting around to posting a hello to you all!

My name is Devon Kasler, I'm an apprentice in Juneau Alaska, under @davelang. I've been working here in the shop for over a year, been apprenticing officially for about 8 months, and have just begun my tattooing journey (five tattoos in)! Been getting tattooed since the day after my 18th birthday, including a couple of sibling kitchen wizard pieces I had done at 14 and 16 years old, which have thankfully since been covered haha.

Always super excited and thankful to have all this in my life, and to have Dave as my teacher; showing me incredible art, exposing me to some of the most amazing tattooers past and present, and teaching me thoroughly the old fashioned way. Mixing pigment, making needles, painting, assembling machines, every thing to keep the heart of the trade alive.

Looking forward to lurking some more, and being apart of many conversations where I can.

Thanks guys.

welcome to the forum, I'm new as well!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's awesome that you're an apprentice to a great artist, could you post a few pics of your work?

- - - Updated - - -

It's awesome that you're an apprentice to a great artist, my friend works locally with an awesome artist, could you post some of the work you have?

Welcome to the forum. And Good job seeking out and getting an apprenticeship. Its great to learn the old ways of the trade to help keep our forefathers that helped make tattooing what it is today stay in tattooing and not push them to just the history books. I met and talked with Lyle Tuttle the other day and having learned the history when i first started I knew who he was and it was so surreal talking to him since he had such an impact on tattooing! But def keep up the good work.