New to Last Sparrow

lusher16

IMG_1324_zpsc371f491.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1IMG_1323_zps7b922f1f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3One of the reasons I joined this site was to get some advice on a half sleeve I have. I am concerned about the lettering and wanted to get some advice on ways I could correct this tattoo. I was thinking about adding some elements behind the lettering and coming down below the lettering. I think some American Flag elements would look really good and help cover how linear the lettering looks. Does anyone else thinks the tattoo looks bad when my arm is bent?

- - - Updated - - -

The first image is what it looks like with my arm down and the second image is how it looks when my arm is bent. Here's another image of what it looks like from the side with my arm down. IMG_1326_zps9da336a6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Here's the tattoo that I need some advice on. When my arm is straight down it doesn't look too bad but when my arm is bent it really doesn't look too good....at least to me it doesn't. I wanted to get some opinions from others on how to fix this or if it really doesn't look all that bad.

post-25114-1461688620_thumb.jpg

post-25114-146168862295_thumb.jpg

post-25114-146168862301_thumb.jpg

Hi. Personal styles and tastes aside, I can't see anything really "off" with your tattoo. Best advice in these cases: Get another good tattoo and you'll stop focusing so much on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. Personal styles and tastes aside, I can't see anything really "off" with your tattoo. Best advice in these cases: Get another good tattoo and you'll stop focusing so much on this one.

Im new here as well! Welcome to the forum it is an honor to have you. Thank you so much for your service! Ild have to agree that your tattoo looks very good as is. Unless the original Artist wants to make some improvements. It is quite a nice piece as is! Everyone has different tastes and visions about how they want their tattoos to look. If you feel the need you can change it to look a bit different with more details, or shadows, darker lines, more shading or even color if that is your thing? Though the way it is looks really good too and personally I wouldnt change it but rather spend my money to add other ones.

Thanks for all of the great advice everyone. I really love the tattoo and think the artist does really good looking work. I think my main issue that I should have thought about before I got the tattoo is how it terminates to a straight line. I have talked with the artist and brought up some ideas about adding some elements of the American Flag behind the lettering and having the elements extend about an inch or so below the lettering and sort of fading out so as not to terminate on a straight line but rather all over the place. Does anyone think this would work and look good?

I'm going to echo everyone else and say that I can't really see anything wrong with the tattoo, sure it stretches with your skin a bit, but so will everything else. Instead of going back and trying to fix each imperfection, I'd go and get a whole new tattoo and maybe after marveling at that for a bit you forget about your little issues with this one.

I agree that maybe I'm criticizing this one a little too much. I would really like to add some elements of the American Flag though. I don't know how many more tattoos I plan on getting because I already have a half sleeve, my upper back, right tricep, and left calf done. I'm not sure how many more the wife will let me have...Lol.