Tattoo placement + other questions

Delicious

I understand. i was looking for references or ideas to finish up a bit or at least get gears turning. Thanks Everyone!

Do you have any general ideas for upcoming tattoos? I can tell you what people are going to suggest, Panthers, Eagles, Roses, and Lady Heads, which if you are good with that you are in the right place, but if it's not your thing a little insight into your ideas might help get the ball going.

Do you have any general ideas for upcoming tattoos? I can tell you what people are going to suggest, Panthers, Eagles, Roses, and Lady Heads, which if you are good with that you are in the right place, but if it's not your thing a little insight into your ideas might help get the ball going.

well the next two i am getting are: a neo traditional rose and filler for my upper arm for the filler i want something bright, maybe water? im still thinking of ideas about the filler.

I saw your dragon, and looks like a nice tattoo. Where is the neo traditional rose, and what is a neo tradtional rose? Are you talking about the ones drawn to look more open and stylized vs what a real rose looks like, I see a lot of people drawing them like that, they look pretty cool. I think the water would be a good background, I only saw the pic for a second, but is the dragon going to stay black and grey or are you going to do color. Usually if you do color in tattoo, you go with more black background and vice versa, but anything can work.

I saw your dragon, and looks like a nice tattoo. Where is the neo traditional rose, and what is a neo tradtional rose? Are you talking about the ones drawn to look more open and stylized vs what a real rose looks like, I see a lot of people drawing them like that, they look pretty cool. I think the water would be a good background, I only saw the pic for a second, but is the dragon going to stay black and grey or are you going to do color. Usually if you do color in tattoo, you go with more black background and vice versa, but anything can work.

I didn't see his dragon in the gallery. I would have noticed that.

! have no dragon, but yeah i wanted a more open stylized rose as you were saying. And as for a darker background i never thought of that before, food for thought. As forthe rose, it will be a maroon/ red with blue highlights. and some greens on the leaves and such

! have no dragon, but yeah i wanted a more open stylized rose as you were saying. And as for a darker background i never thought of that before, food for thought. As forthe rose, it will be a maroon/ red with blue highlights. and some greens on the leaves and such

A darker back ground will make the color stand out more, and help your tattoos to be more readable.

Okay I am slow, It was REverends Dragon, but that is generally how I would approach background in Japanese, not neccesarily Traditional, although again it can work with any style. Water is kind of weird idea for background, but if i saw the tattoo it might make sense.

Okay I am slow, It was REverends Dragon, but that is generally how I would approach background in Japanese, not neccesarily Traditional, although again it can work with any style. Water is kind of weird idea for background, but if i saw the tattoo it might make sense.

I have my tattoos in my initiation thread and in my gallery. im not 100% set on water as a filler. im here to get ideas about other possibilities as well. One hard part i have with the fill for my arm is my tattoos are colorful and i want something that would compliment them

Yeah I looked and I think it would be so weird you tattoos are so definite, they are bold and colorful, but the linework and style is so precise and water is more of a free form background, I think it would be hard to match that up, the first thought that comes to mind is filigree or framework, or just more tattoos.

Yeah I looked and I think it would be so weird you tattoos are so definite, they are bold and colorful, but the linework and style is so precise and water is more of a free form background, I think it would be hard to match that up, the first thought that comes to mind is filigree or framework, or just more tattoos.

thanks! What would a Filigree or Framework background look like, have never heard of that before. and going with the small tattoos in the cracks is a good option too!

You have a bunch of bright, vibrant tattoos that seemingly have no connection to each other, jammed up all together on your upper arm.

Get smaller tattoos between them. Water wouldn't work with that, and I dont honestly think filigree would look good with the style of tattoos you have.

You have a bunch of bright, vibrant tattoos that seemingly have no connection to each other, jammed up all together on your upper arm.

Get smaller tattoos between them. Water wouldn't work with that, and I dont honestly think filigree would look good with the style of tattoos you have.

I dont have much room to get smaller filler tattoos.my tattoos have connection with me and thats why i put them where i did. this picture has filigree looking stuff behind the bright fruit tattoos. not saying it would look the best with mine but it could look good with bright tattoos (in my opinion)

tumblr_m2noq8InlL1rtx4h5o1_1280.jpg

@Ducky15568 Talk to your tattoo artist about background possibilities or think of some cool shit to fill the gaps with.

Traditional Japanese backgound (fingerwaves/windbars/clouds), considering the designs you already have tattooed, would look really silly in my opinion.

You have plenty of space to get killer fillers man! Don't waste it.

I can't say I've ever seen a fruit sleeve before.

The boss's wife has a basket of fruit tattooed across her stomach, with bugs and flies crawling all over it, it was done like 96 by Chris Conn, pretty amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright i understand now. that would look great with all the color, good contrast.

- - - Updated - - -

Would Filigree look good in a natural earth tone like a green with darks in it?

IMO you always have to outline in black, and with the small space you are trying to fill, don't think there would be much room for color. It really is a rough idea, and maybe filagree itself might not be the best, but some sort of pattern that can start and stop in different spots and doesn't really need symmetry, but you know your tattooer might have a better idea who knows. Also I would squeeze as many tattoos into the empty spaces before doing background.