Can I finish my tattoo if there is any peeling at all still going on?

sbhikes

I have an appointment in three days to fill in the one rose in my tattoo that didn't get finished in the first round. In the mean time I assumed the peeling would stop by then. It will have been exactly 2 weeks when I go in for my appointment. Right now there is still a little sunburn-like peeling just around the edges on the clean skin, not on the tattooed skin. It's not everywhere. Most of it has cleared up, but there is a little, especially in the more detailed spots on the leaves. I kind of continue to hope it'll be all gone by Monday, but I can't believe how long it is lingering. If this doesn't stop by Monday, do you think I'll be turned away when I show up? Should I reschedule now so that I don't leave his night empty?

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up going down there to ask him. He didn't seem that certain and I ended up having to go around to all the guys for their opinion. In the end I kept my appointment and everything worked out okay but man it really hurt way more than the first session.

I ended up going down there to ask him. He didn't seem that certain and I ended up having to go around to all the guys for their opinion. In the end I kept my appointment and everything worked out okay but man it really hurt way more than the first session.

Sometimes it does after a couple of weeks. I had 2 worked on more than once, alternated the outline/shading and coloring. So everything had time to heal up.

Rob