Artist and Tattoo changes

Scott Bonnyman

Would the forum think that asking an artist to make something a different colour or fill in parts that are not solid colour to make them solid, you think he would be annoyed, I know some artist have am attitude with people but at the end of the day it your body and your the customer. I have tiny issues with one of my tattoos and I've already been for a touch up bit there's still I few wee things if like done to it, in going in This weekend for a new tat, I should be cool to just ask him eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing major, just to change the colours of the blossoms leaves to a deeper green and fill the swallows body in so it's solid colour.

As long as its not something that would look fucked up or simply not work it shouldn't be an issue.

The art belongs to both client and artist and both should walk away happy with the piece. If something just isn't possible, it's just not and the client has to trust the artists expertise.

I'd think any reputable artist is looking at the long term affects of changes or requests because when ppl ask who did the work good or bad it their reputation at stake.

I'm no expert but in other mediums mixing colors can be touchy and the results unpredictable to some extent.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will chime in.

As long as its not something that would look fucked up or simply not work it shouldn't be an issue.

The art belongs to both client and artist and both should walk away happy with the piece. If something just isn't possible, it's just not and the client has to trust the artists expertise.

I'd think any reputable artist is looking at the long term affects of changes or requests because when ppl ask who did the work good or bad it their reputation at stake.

I'm no expert but in other mediums mixing colors can be touchy and the results unpredictable to some extent.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will chime in.

I'm with @deadsp0t on this one, but am likewise no expert. Altering color shouldn't be too big an issue. If the piece is fairly recent, then maybe wait until fully healed to see how the colors settle on your skin, but if it's been there a while and you're not happy with the result, then the artist should hopefully be willing to work with you to (a) satisfy you as a customer and (b) get repeat business from a satisfied customer. But, again, I'm just a tattooed guy, not an expert of any stripe. Hope you do get what you're looking for!

I would just get more tattoos and not stress out about small things.

That's funny you say that because I was not picking my crest one day and my buddy says 'just get another and you'll quit thinking about it'

Couple weeks later I got another and haven't given it much thought since.. I've started nit picking that one(the newest) and hopefully after Sunday ill stop. :weird:

I would just get more tattoos and not stress out about small things.

A few years ago I started thinking about getting an old one covered up and I kept hearing this advice. It seemed counter-intuitive at first, but I now firmly hold this belief. Get more and you'll find you stop worrying about it. In fact, I came all the way around and now really like the one I was going to cover up.