Freaking out over back of knee healing

ItsLexy

Hi all! So I got this side leg sleeve tat starting from my hip to my ankle (1 sitting, 3.5hrs) and it's been 9 days and I'm still limping !!! 

This is my first big piece that has honestly taken a dump on the other 3 baby tats I have. 

I have reached out to my artist and he says that the bruising bruising swelling is normal and should go away soon, but the back of my knee is still warm, bruised and honestly still hurts to bend it or to fully extend my leg out.

I also have some dried hard scabs that still hurt by my pelvis/bending area that's also very concerning.. 

I am doing after care just as my artist instructed, wash once a day and a very thin layer of aquaphor once or 2x a day.

I did use the tattoo numbing cream Co. When I got* my tat and some days after getting it because the back of the knee pain was totally unbearable for me. I don't know if this has slowed down the healing process at the back of my knee or what.

All I'm all, I'm freaking the ffffffffff out and I don't know what to do anymore, what to stop doing, to start doing or if what I'm doing is working or even enough at this point. 

(Also, I couldn't figure out to how to attach a picture from my phone to this post it only gave me web link options, I'd love to show you all images)

PLEASE HELPPPP! 

First, don’t use numbing cream, it’s just really weak.

https://www.ocweekly.com/jack-rudy-on-tattoos-stigma-and-why-its-good-they-hurt-6459877/

Have you tried putting a cold pack on it? Advil or Tylenol for the pain. I didn’t have a problem with either of my leg ditches, but some people do. They can just take a long time to heal, especially if you artist is heavy handed.