New to the forum

Luigiboard21

Hello guys, 

I am new to the tattoo world and joined to gain insight on how you guys think my tattoo is healing. I'm just worried and have read some forums about scabbing but idk if mine is bad or not. 

I've attached some pictures below. 

Snapchat-1544353687.jpg

Snapchat-368728794.jpg

On 10/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, Dan said:

so, keep it clean, put a little Aveeno on it a couple times a day, and look at it again when it's healed in 6 weeks.

It looks fine, don't scratch it or pick scabs.

It looks better now that it's healing. It's my first tattoo and im a worrier. A bigger scab accidentally came off the other day when I was lightly light applying coconut oil but I think it will look fine after it's completely healed! 

On 10/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, Hogrider said:

And a little means a little. Too many people drown their tattoos.

Yeah I did major research and I put the thinest layer of coconut oil on it. I don't wanna risk petroleum, lanolin, fragrance, or thick products. I was going to use aveeno but read that oats isn't great for healing tattoos. 

10 hours ago, Luigiboard21 said:

It looks better now that it's healing. It's my first tattoo and im a worrier. A bigger scab accidentally came off the other day when I was lightly light applying coconut oil but I think it will look fine after it's completely healed! 

Yeah I did major research and I put the thinest layer of coconut oil on it. I don't wanna risk petroleum, lanolin, fragrance, or thick products. I was going to use aveeno but read that oats isn't great for healing tattoos. 

I’ve been using Palmer’s cocoa butter for 15 years with no problems.