New Albums Thread

Jake

This is probably gonna make my "board cred" go down uber low... but did anyone get the new Alkaline Trio today???

Im not going to lie... the few songs I heard them stream I loved.

You can start the throwing of fruits and veggies now.

This is probably gonna make my "board cred" go down uber low... but did anyone get the new Alkaline Trio today???

I listened to a stream of it. Meh. The older stuff was better with electric guitars. There were a couple songs I'd listen to again but nothing that justifies purchasing it IMO.

I haven't bought anything new in awhile, but I saw both Rafael Saadiq and James Blake at SXSW this year and really like their new stuff. Saadiq's "Stone Rollin" is a straight-up soul revival and Blake's album is really dubby. On the heavier side, I need to get The Warriors "See How You Are" and The Ghost Inside "Returners". I saw them both open for Parkway Drive and really liked them.

there is never any shame in liking alkaline trio...and i don't care what anyone says, i like all of their albums. not just the old ones. but then again i worked in a bunch of record stores so i like loads of stuff that people may not like. with that said, i'm sure i'll end up getting the new album, from what i've heard their reworked acoustic versions and not just "an acoustic version" if that makes sense.

Why would we insult you for liking Alkaline Trio? They're one of my favourite bands! I even have the cheesy obligatory heart tattoo (it's made into a traditional style heart with a banner, does that still make me cool? Haha). I think they're really great, though I haven't listened to the new album yet. A few people are kind of on the fence.

I think I'll get on iTunes and download this thing now, really curious to see how it is after hearing Clavicle on YouTube.

Also- Dan Andriano's album may be out pretty soon, you guys might be interested in that. :)

Im pumped for Dan's album. I hope he does a US Revival tour with Ragan this year.

It might just be the people who I hang out with, but everyone talks shit on everything after God Dammit. I feel like im the only person I know who liked "This Addiction". That album kills! Definatly get the new one. Ya wont regret it.

Im pumped for Dan's album. I hope he does a US Revival tour with Ragan this year.

It might just be the people who I hang out with, but everyone talks shit on everything after God Dammit. I feel like im the only person I know who liked "This Addiction". That album kills! Definatly get the new one. Ya wont regret it.

To be honest, that show looks like it'll be amazing, so I don't see why they wouldn't bring it to the US as well. I'm ridiculously excited for it, especially since shows like that are always quite small. The last Asian Man show in Newcastle had about 20 people there, and it was one of the best I've been to. Really relaxed.

I've heard a few people shit talk their newer stuff too, but I don't get why, to be honest. Alkaline Trio are one of those bands that were fucked either way, though- they could have stuck with writing songs about breaking up with your girlfriend and smoking weed, and people would have given them shit for not growing up. Instead they came out with a record like Agony and Irony, which was totally different, and they STILL got shit, haha. This Addiction is actually one of my favourites, I'm glad they went back to the straightforward sound they're known for.

Anyway, someone just compared Damnesia to the Acoustic in London album, so I'm on it like a fat kid on pie right now. The London album is amazing.

Yeah i have to say the Wugazi record is pretty badass. I was never much of a wutang fan (or much hiphop/rap for that matter) but i really dig this. it think those dudes did a great job mixing the two. i 'll have to check out the new alkaline trio as well...not too into the last one, but if you think it harkens back to their early days i could be into that.

Downloaded the Trio album last night by the way- yeah, it rocks. I didn't like it at first, because I think the quality on Calling All Skeletons is a bit crap, but Nose Over Tail brought it all back up! Bit disappointed that they have Blue in the Face and Radio on there, since we've all heard those acoustically more than anything else, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Calling All Skeletons in general was/is a bad song. Way too popish for me. I would have liked more stuff off of good mourning.

Yeah, it is pretty popish- they could have done something with it though, the lyrics in the verses were always cool. Just sounds like it was though really, haha.

More from the Good Mourning album would have been really great. Or some from Maybe I'll Catch Fire that they've never done acoustically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...