Tell me about a loved one who hated your tattoos but came around

keepcalm

My parents didn't like it when I got my first, but they figured that was the end of it. My gramma didn't like them but she told me they were beautiful. When I got my frog and then Tigger, my parents liked those, and the frog made mom and dad consider tattoos for themselves...which never happened. The more I get, now, the more my parents raise their eyebrows. The peony from last month, my dad said "JAY-ZUS that is HUGE!" They don't really like them, but they don't say much besides "comments" about spending money on tattoos and then complaining about not making ends meet. pppft.

My parents didn't like it when I got my first' date=' but they figured that was the end of it. My gramma didn't like them but she told me they were beautiful. When I got my frog and then Tigger, my parents liked those, and the frog made mom and dad consider tattoos for themselves...which never happened. The more I get, now, the more my parents raise their eyebrows. The peony from last month, my dad said "JAY-ZUS that is HUGE!" They don't really like them, but they don't say much besides "comments" about spending money on tattoos and then complaining about not making ends meet. pppft.[/quote']

Normal parental unit stuff.. It's how you know they love you. Just accept their feelings as just that, their feelings.

Be happy you are who ya are, they'll live! :)

My parents were not over the moon, but not demeaning in any way when I started getting tattooed. Now that I'm older and it's really become a huge interest of mine they love it and look forward to seeing my new work. Both of them want to get a tattoo now for me and my brother.

Everyone has the capacity to change.

My mom is actually more ok with my tattoos than my dad. My dad looks at tattoos as the worst financial decisions anyone can make. When I get a new tattoo, I always have to tell him they cost way less than they do. My mother is happy as long as I don't have fuck tattooed on my knuckles or anything on my neck, which I don't plan on doing anyways. My soon to be wife is the same way. I told her about my most recent appointment booking and she said I'm just throwing money in the garbage. Why? I'm getting something I really want with my money. It's not like I'm blowing all this money on booze or drugs. I guess I can't win.

My mom is actually more ok with my tattoos than my dad. My dad looks at tattoos as the worst financial decisions anyone can make. When I get a new tattoo, I always have to tell him they cost way less than they do. My mother is happy as long as I don't have fuck tattooed on my knuckles or anything on my neck, which I don't plan on doing anyways. My soon to be wife is the same way. I told her about my most recent appointment booking and she said I'm just throwing money in the garbage. Why? I'm getting something I really want with my money. It's not like I'm blowing all this money on booze or drugs. I guess I can't win.

Oof, that is annoying. Yeah, I guess it's a bad financial decision if you view it as a financial decision! I have never gotten a tattoo as a financial decision--my 403b account and life insurance were financial decisions. Tattoos are more of a personal decision. Everyone gets to decide what they want to spend their money on. Some women spend thousands on freakin' purses, and I shouldn't comment on that because it's their choice and I have some other material stuff I like buying, too, but at least the tattoos are going to last. They are not an investment, they are a pursuit.

You can win--get the tattoos you want and enjoy them.