New member looking for advice/ tips

msalpha

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and need some advice/ tips. I recently got a new tattoo (my 2nd one) on my right side and I am already thinking how to add to it or modify it. It is a freehand tree and birds- I have attached some pictures of my tattoo (it is only 3 weeks old).

I was thinking of getting a blue and purple colour smoke trail, flowing between the birds and across my back to my left shoulder and then connecting to a watercolour hummingbird on my left shoulder blade. Any feedback would be much appreciated :)

Thank you,

Ms.A

Congrats on your new tattoo. I wouldn't do what you are thinking. It sounds like you are considering covering a lot of real estate on your back just to connect two tattoos, and a color trail would be boring. This tattoo stands on its own just fine - no need to mess with it. Instead, think about a completely new tattoo on your back. The back is a huge flat surface and it would be a shame to eat up some of that great room with a long filler. My $0.02.

Congrats on your new tattoo. I wouldn't do what you are thinking. It sounds like you are considering covering a lot of real estate on your back just to connect two tattoos, and a color trail would be boring. This tattoo stands on its own just fine - no need to mess with it. Instead, think about a completely new tattoo on your back. The back is a huge flat surface and it would be a shame to eat up some of that great room with a long filler. My $0.02.
@SeeSea definitely knows a thing or two about the back as prime real estate...

I agree with both! Also, I feel as though a smoke trail behind the birds would make it less readable.

Regardless, congrats on your first tattoo and welcome to the forum!

Have you thought about a style called trash polka? Its growing in popularity lately (at least where I tattoo) and is a great way of branching off of plenty of styles. It has a unique way of meshing with almost anything I have come across and is a great way of both expression and filling space. So whether you are looking to fill up fast, or looking for a good blend from one tattoo to another its a style I always find works well when well executed.