Please help me evaluate this artist!

Polly7

This artist is at a highly prestigious shop, but she's only been tattooing for 2 years, which makes me slightly nervous for my first tattoo. I like her work aesthetically, but since I've never been tattooed before I don't know if the work is done with technical quality. I would want something minimalist in black/grey, so I'm especially interested in whether the line work is ok. Thanks so much!

https://www.instagram.com/breelintattoo

2 hours ago, DJDeepFried said:

Not bad but nothing special IMO. Why her if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input.  I'm wondering about her because I was recommended this shop, and from the website she seemed like the artist who does work similar to the style I want.  I appreciate your help!

Perfectly average trendy stuff, imo. I noticed in some of her circular or diamond shaped tattoos, her lines got pretty bumpy. And overall she's not quite as bold with her choices as I normally like my tattoos to be (not bright enough color, not thick enough outlines, etc). You could do better, but you could also do a lot worse.

Are you in Phoenix? I honestly don't know of anyone in that area (who doesn't do traditional tattoos, anyway), but maybe someone else could suggest an artist.

24 minutes ago, Synesthesia said:

Perfectly average trendy stuff, imo. I noticed in some of her circular or diamond shaped tattoos, her lines got pretty bumpy. And overall she's not quite as bold with her choices as I normally like my tattoos to be (not bright enough color, not thick enough outlines, etc). You could do better, but you could also do a lot worse.

Are you in Phoenix? I honestly don't know of anyone in that area (who doesn't do traditional tattoos, anyway), but maybe someone else could suggest an artist.

Thank you for the wisdom.  Yes, I'm in Arizona, where (as you say) most of the focus seems to be on traditional, so it's hard to do research on the style I want.

Here's someone else I'm considering, because of the geometric (not sure if that's the right term) style black and grey: https://www.instagram.com/2anthony7/

2 minutes ago, Polly7 said:

Thank you for the wisdom.  Yes, I'm in Arizona, where (as you say) most of the focus seems to be on traditional, so it's hard to do research on the style I want.

Here's someone else I'm considering, because of the geometric (not sure if that's the right term) style black and grey: https://www.instagram.com/2anthony7/

Wisdom...me? :8_laughing:

Personally I like that guy a little more. His lines look smoother and straighter to me, and his blacks are darker. If you want to go more the geometric route, I think he might be a better choice. But either way, I think you would walk out with a solid tattoo from either artist you would be happy with. Just from a critical perspective, I think that guy is a tiny bit better overall.

30 minutes ago, Synesthesia said:

Wisdom...me? :8_laughing:

Personally I like that guy a little more. His lines look smoother and straighter to me, and his blacks are darker. If you want to go more the geometric route, I think he might be a better choice. But either way, I think you would walk out with a solid tattoo from either artist you would be happy with. Just from a critical perspective, I think that guy is a tiny bit better overall.

Thank you again.. this is exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for :)

Much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...