Unoriginality

Retard

Hi all, this may be a bit unusual of a question to ask but the music artist Lil Peep has been a big part of my life ever since I found out about his music after he passed away. His music has helped me get through some dark days and I wanted to get a tattoo to honor him. I want to get crybaby on my right eyebrow just like he had but is that too unoriginal or am I thinking about it too much? My sisters husband was like a brother to peep and I don't want to disrespect Gus or my sisters husband so I definitely want to talk to him more and at least get his blessing on this since they were so close. I've also never got a tat before but I'm not looking for advice regarding first time tattoos or talking to my sisters husband, that was just so you understand why this means so much to me a little better I guess. What do you guys think? Would it be too unoriginal and I should find a different way to honor Gus in tattoo form or am I thinking about it too much? I've always wanted to get some tats but figured I'd lose some weight first so it doesn't look weird when the skin shrinks, but I decided I want to go ahead and get this one since my forehead probably won't have that problem. And before anybody asks I'm not worried about potential job opportunities. Also one last little side question here, I'm not worried about the pain but I would like to have a good idea going in what it would feel like to get one there, anybody have a tat on their forehead and care to share what it was like? Thanks for any help in advance.

13 hours ago, Retard said:

And before anybody asks I'm not worried about potential job opportunities.

You should be. This is absolutely a tattoo that you'll regret down the line. Ten years (at the most) down the line, every time you look in the mirror, you'll think, "WTF was I thinking?" Also, you don't have a single tattoo and you think a good place to start is a big honking tattoo on your face? Really???

If you DO decide to throw common sense to the wind and get it anyway, make sure you get it from a professional, in a shop, from an artist that has lots of references and work on line that you can look at. Don't get if from your buddy in his kitchen. It's a tattoo that would be EASY to F*** up and you'll be wearing that mess on your face. There are a lot of really good artists that wouldn't do a face tattoo on someone with no ink. But, a scratcher will tattoo anybody, anywhere, any time.

Edited by Hogrider

4 hours ago, oboogie said:

@Steve, this guy's user name. Really? Please do something.

I have high functioning aspergers and thats just what I go by lol. If the word Retard offends you I advise you re-evaluate your life choices.

4 hours ago, Hogrider said:

You should be. This is absolutely a tattoo that you'll regret down the line. Ten years (at the most) down the line, every time you look in the mirror, you'll think, "WTF was I thinking?" Also, you don't have a single tattoo and you think a good place to start is a big honking tattoo on your face? Really???

If you DO decide to throw common sense to the wind and get it anyway, make sure you get it from a professional, in a shop, from an artist that has lots of references and work on line that you can look at. Don't get if from your buddy in his kitchen. It's a tattoo that would be EASY to F*** up and you'll be wearing that mess on your face. There are a lot of really good artists that wouldn't do a face tattoo on someone with no ink. But, a scratcher will tattoo anybody, anywhere, any time.

I assumed it was common sense to get a tattoo done professionally, after researching the artists past work, especially one placed so brazenly but thanks for the advice still.

I don't think I'd regret it, I wear a beanie most of the time anyway and if I do need to go to a job interview I could use makeup right? Hope I don't sound too naive.

Yeah I didn't really expect this kind of reception, thought everyone would be pretty supportive but you guys take this stuff pretty seriously huh? Anyway thanks for the advice everyone

15 minutes ago, Retard said:

I have high functioning aspergers and thats just what I go by lol. If the word Retard offends you I advise you re-evaluate your life choices.

I assumed it was common sense to get a tattoo done professionally, after researching the artists past work, especially one placed so brazenly but thanks for the advice still.

I don't think I'd regret it, I wear a beanie most of the time anyway and if I do need to go to a job interview I could use makeup right? Hope I don't sound too naive.

Yeah I didn't really expect this kind of reception, thought everyone would be pretty supportive but you guys take this stuff pretty seriously huh? Anyway thanks for the advice everyone

Yes, we take tattoos seriously and so should you. And just looking around at all the shit tattoos people wear, it's apparent that finding a skilled professional is NOT common sense. Getting a face tattoo is no joke and if you think that at some point you can just laser it off and have it look just like it did before, think again. A tattoo is a wound that's healed. If you try to laser it off, then you have a wound over a wound.

No, you can't just put makeup over it. try drawing it on with a magic marker and then covering it up with makeup. It's going to look like a mess. If there is a responsible adult in your life, you should really consult them because I can see that you're looking at making a huge mistake here.

If the word retard DOESN'T offend you, it's you that needs to work on your social skills.  The content of your post shows that you are aware of social norms, so don't blame aspergers for being offensive in this particular instance.

We are supportive of responsible tattoos. Getting a face tattoo is a huge step and it's not something that should be done lightly.

Edited by Hogrider

22 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Yes, we take tattoos seriously and so should you. And just looking around at all the shit tattoos people wear, it's apparent that finding a skilled professional is NOT common sense. Getting a face tattoo is no joke and if you think that at some point you can just laser it off and have it look just like it did before, think again. A tattoo is a wound that's healed. If you try to laser it off, then you have a wound over a wound.

No, you can't just put makeup over it. try drawing it on with a magic marker and then covering it up with makeup. It's going to look like a mess. If there is a responsible adult in your life, you should really consult them because I can see that you're looking at making a huge mistake here.

If the word retard DOESN'T offend you, it's you that needs to work on your social skills.  The content of your post shows that you are aware of social norms, so don't blame aspergers for being offensive in this particular instance.

We are supportive of responsible tattoos. Getting a face tattoo is a huge step and it's not something that should be done lightly.

Solid advice, I appreciate that but all things considered we all die at some point, why stop myself from doing something stupid? Life is short and if I don't enjoy it to it's fullest extent then I've wasted it. My body will decompose and the tattoo won't even exist and neither will I within the next century so why should I be so worried this? I think it just boils down to a matter of perspective in this case. If I regret it then oh well, I already regret a lot worse. And as for my name I genuinely don't believe words are offensive at all when their coming from a stranger on the internet, so if you take offense to my username that's you being sensitive and immature in my opinion, feel free to disagree but I won't be changing my username. I think I will go ahead and get a tattoo elsewhere first because after further thought I have no idea how my body will react to a tattoo or what kind of pain I'd be in so having a personal reference is probably for the best. It's funny that my original question never got answered though. All I wanted to come here for was to see if anyone thought copying a famous, now dead artists tattoo to honor them was unoriginal but ended up getting a lecture. Thanks for the help

14 minutes ago, Retard said:

Solid advice, I appreciate that but all things considered we all die at some point, why stop myself from doing something stupid? Life is short and if I don't enjoy it to it's fullest extent then I've wasted it. My body will decompose and the tattoo won't even exist and neither will I within the next century so why should I be so worried this? I think it just boils down to a matter of perspective in this case. If I regret it then oh well, I already regret a lot worse. And as for my name I genuinely don't believe words are offensive at all when their coming from a stranger on the internet, so if you take offense to my username that's you being sensitive and immature in my opinion, feel free to disagree but I won't be changing my username. I think I will go ahead and get a tattoo elsewhere first because after further thought I have no idea how my body will react to a tattoo or what kind of pain I'd be in so having a personal reference is probably for the best. It's funny that my original question never got answered though. All I wanted to come here for was to see if anyone thought copying a famous, now dead artists tattoo to honor them was unoriginal but ended up getting a lecture. Thanks for the help

OK, the ass-clown getting a tattoo of a nobody rapper on his FACE calling other people immature. You are the reason the ignore list was made, welcome to mine.

As to your original question, it will hurt like F***. Tattoos hurt. tattoos on thin skin over bone hurt even more. This is just one of the many reasons you don't get a big honking face tattoo as your FIRST tattoo.

Why stop yourself from doing something stupid?

facepalm2.jpg

Edited by Hogrider

22 hours ago, Retard said:

Bless your simple heart. Ignore list. Bye.

Hi, did you get that tattoo? I think you should take it if you really want to. How long you’ve been thinking about this? Im sorry you got horrible replys, completely unnecessary and rude... if you get it, will you post a picture of it? 

On 2/14/2022 at 10:28 PM, Retard said: