Need some advice on my tattoo, scarring, or just give it time?

Disasterzombie

I had a tattoo on my inner forearm 10 days ago, it looked perfect! 
However, im a little concerned how it’s healing, the eye on the tiger is milky and looks deeper in the skin than the rest and I’ve got a few areas that look scarred. I’ve had a tattoos before (10+ years ago) and they’ve healed fine but can’t recall if they healed the same way. 

I’m hoping it’s a case of give it time to heal, moisturise regularly etc. But if anyone could offer their advice/experience of similar I’d really appreciate it. F9C80D13-DCB0-4A30-9E94-C59EA363842C.thumb.jpeg.6c61e9c2b1c1352e0b6584d934dd5d43.jpeg

Tattoos take 4-6 weeks AT A MINIMUM to heal. I don't know why tattoo artists don't tell their clients this. At least half of the posts from newbies are about new or very recent tattoos. Unless your tattoo is hot, oozing, smells, or hurts really bad, leave it alone and let it heal. Tattoos almost always look great the day you get them. They almost always look awful at some point during the healing process. Every tattoo artist should tell this to their clients.

11 minutes ago, TattedTiger said:

I've been told my the artists when getting a new tattoo or a touch up, and it usually takes two weeks to heal.

So like they say experiences may vary

They lied. Tattoos don't fully heal in two weeks ... unless maybe if you're getting a tiny tattoo with a few lines.

Edited by Hogrider

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old tattoo from several years ago and after scraping the area there is a patch of ink that looks really dark compared to the rest of the design. The look is very similar to the dark spot in the above photo, and it feels like a scab has formed there. Yesterday, the skin was oozing. Should I put moisturizer on it or just keep it dry? I am afraid of any potential damage to the design that may be visible after it heals.

17 hours ago, naten said:

I have an old tattoo from several years ago and after scraping the area there is a patch of ink that looks really dark compared to the rest of the design. The look is very similar to the dark spot in the above photo, and it feels like a scab has formed there. Yesterday, the skin was oozing. Should I put moisturizer on it or just keep it dry? I am afraid of any potential damage to the design that may be visible after it heals.

Oozing isn’t good. I’d keep an eye on it. If it gets red, painful and doesn’t stop oozing in a couple of days I’d see a doctor. If it’s oozing, I wouldn’t put moisturizer on it. Just keep it clean, maybe a dab of antibiotic ointment.

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Oozing isn’t good. I’d keep an eye on it. If it gets red, painful and doesn’t stop oozing in a couple of days I’d see a doctor. If it’s oozing, I wouldn’t put moisturizer on it. Just keep it clean, maybe a dab of antibiotic ointment.

Thanks for the advice. It did stop oozing after a couple days and no longer stings. Now, it just feels like a hard scab is there and I am anxiously waiting for it to fall off. Do you think that the final appearance of the tattoo will be affected?

1 hour ago, naten said:

Thanks for the advice. It did stop oozing after a couple days and no longer stings. Now, it just feels like a hard scab is there and I am anxiously waiting for it to fall off. Do you think that the final appearance of the tattoo will be affected?

There's no way to tell what it will look like until the scab comes off. Just let it heal and hope for the best. You can always get it touched up if it's really noticeable.