Lifting Thread;training for the tattooed warrior.

kylegrey

We had a wild night deadlifting last night and both hit new PRs on deadlift 245 and a 465 getting closer to that 500 so fairly happy

Wow, you pulled 465? Impressive as hell. What do you weigh?

@hogg Around 190, I've hit 200kg before but with straps and belts so never counted them, using wave training with my squats and deadlifts and seeing a huge increase over the last few weeks so with deadlifts I'd do 5,3,1,5,3,1,5,3,1 and squats 6,4,2,6,4,2,6,4,2 so your always hitting big numbers, if you've never heard of wave training you basically start with 60x5 then 80x3,100x1,80x5,100x3,120x1,100x5,120x3,140x1 so your constantly building up

@hogg yeah I enjoy it, I usually change what I'm doing every 4-8 weeks had 4 months off in the last year aswell so nice to feel myself getting there again, and watching my girlfriend increase her squat and deadlift by 10lb a week in quite inspirational, I wish I was 170 I was around that wen I moved to Canada Reese bar have got the better of me haha, 315 is brilliant what style of lift? I did a little bit of sumo yesterday just to mix it up I've also widened my stance on squats

That's awesome that your lady is kickin' so much ass, @Rikhall. I pull conventional, erring on the side of straight-legged. I can't get with sumo. My issue is breaking the floor. If I can get the bar to my knees, I'm golden. Sumo is harder off the floor, then easier after. Doesn't sound it would suit me, but it sure seems to work for you.

@hogg I did sumo for my 1st 8 sets yesterday then failed on 465 with sumo so had a little rest cranked the iPod up and lifted conventional and it flew off floor, but I'm sure if I work on my sumo more than once a month il get to a similar level, you into barbell or dumbell RDLs? Yep she's killing it at the moment,

I'm falling behind in everything. Stupid little injuries are going to have me chasing little hogg. And I weigh 50lbs more than the guy, so I'm not even talking relative strength. The guy is a beast as-is.

1) You're being sweet.

2) You're up to 220? Damn!

This thread needs more tattoo movement for it being a thread about lifting.

I had to stick it in quotes so that the video didn't embed itself in the box and display my big ass. Now you have to click through to see it for those who are squeamish. If you happen to peruse my channel, you can see me from a couple years ago, tattoo free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a month off training due to getting my knee tattooed and work stuff, it's pretty hard to motivate yourself after a day working outside in 33 degrees, but went back Monday nailed some reasonably heavy sumo deadlifts and yesterday hit 110 on incline dumbbell chest press, got me pretty excited to be back in the gym