Eskimette

Random tattoo trend

Anyone noticing the crazy kind of new school trend that is really..really..really growing of getting theeeee most outrageous funny/goofy/random tattoos humanly possible just for shits and giggles?lol

I realize people have always done this..but lately I have -seen things-..things I cannot un-see.. lol

If you're noticing it too - name some of the craziest tattoo designs/ whackiest you've been privy to lately.

I have a guy that wants me to tattoo a giant alarm clock with a banner that says "fun time" for no real reason...

And saw a girl get a gumball machine filled with eggs..which honestly was really cool. random but very cool..

In a magazine I actually saw a tattoo that had an image of someone with a visible mental disability that said "go full retarded"... im guessing they are going to regret that...quickly..highly offensive...

The list goes on...things seem to be getting more and more random...

Random tattoos are fun to look at, I will give you that. But they are not for everyone. I want a tattoo that means something to me. Each of my three means something to me, but yet they are cool at the same time to me. I know that not everyone likes them, but that is what makes us all different.

I think they're so cool!!! One of my favorite pieces of flash that I've ever seen was a gypsy-style bearded lady bust with her arms cut off, sprouting out of a boot. I can't remember who painted that, but goddamn, I would love to get that tattooed. My homie has a tater tot with these really sexy burlesque pinup legs, that one's pretty fucking funny.

I just posted a topic on weird tattoos. I'm not sure if my examples are "new school", whatever that means, or part of the trend you are talking about. I do wonder where people get the ideas.

There is a tattoo of a pizza slice on the Instagram lst thingy on the right while I type this, does that count.

That things is pretty weird, but cool and fun at the same time. Usually the problem I have with weird tattoo is people do em all wonky and new school, this seems to be a pretty solid tattoo.

But also I would like to add that Dave Lum has being doing weird, but technically perfect tattoos since before most of us even thought of getting a tattoo.

Edit

Also Jeff Rassier, just pointing out weird is not really a trend and most tattoos are weird, and the idea of getting a tattoo is pretty weird. Imagine if no one had tattoos and someone suggested the idea of letting someone stab you repeatedly with a needle and ink to create a permanent design?

That things is pretty weird, but cool and fun at the same time. Usually the problem I have with weird tattoo is people do em all wonky and new school, this seems to be a pretty solid tattoo.

But also I would like to add that Dave Lum has being doing weird, but technically perfect tattoos since before most of us even thought of getting a tattoo.

Edit

Also Jeff Rassier, just pointing out weird is not really a trend and most tattoos are weird, and the idea of getting a tattoo is pretty weird. Imagine if no one had tattoos and someone suggested the idea of letting someone stab you repeatedly with a needle and ink to create a permanent design?

good points!

I guess I'm just seeing a lot of people get weird things for the sake of them being weird, on purpose, for humour.lol. i'm sure this is not new, its just like a massive spike in the behavior.