KayLo

Help a sister out. Also, hi.

I'm Kieran and I'm an alcoholic. Oh wait...

Joined the forum in the hopes that someone can help me identify the artist of a traditional tattoo I fell hard in love with and can't track down.I am tortured by it.

That's the problem - I don't have one. I saw it in a book and copied the artists name into my phone which brilliantly got stolen. I had just been tattooed for 4 hours so was feeling a little cracked out when I saw it and for the life of me can't recall who it was by.

Anyway , its a traditional style wolf , howling at the moon and underneath there is banner saying Forever Alone , or I am forever alone or something similar in traditional lettering. Any clues?

That's the problem - I don't have one. I saw it in a book and copied the artists name into my phone which brilliantly got stolen. I had just been tattooed for 4 hours so was feeling a little cracked out when I saw it and for the life of me can't recall who it was by.

Anyway , its a traditional style wolf , howling at the moon and underneath there is banner saying Forever Alone , or I am forever alone or something similar in traditional lettering. Any clues?

Honestly, that subject matter is common across so many tattoos that it would be pretty impossible to pinpoint the artist based on that description alone. Do you have an idea of where the artist was based out of?

Can you describe the book?

Thank you both for taking time to respond, so appreciated.

I can't remember much about the book bar that it featured alot of varied traditional work and I think it was broken up into themes ....Bert Krak was stuck in my mind but looked at so many books that time,could be non related. I emailed his site and am waiting on a reply anyway -but think the artist was US based.

Thanks Graeme, there are heaps of solid traditional artists in my area - I'm just trying to hunt down that exact piece...long shot I realise.

I would travel anyway.

Just in case you don't know - very few reputable artists are going to reproduce a previously issued piece. Tweeks could easily be mandatory.

This.. I personally ask for tweaks, to make it unique in its own way

If you went to Bert Krak and asked for this....he would draw you up something you would love....I am sure of that! Good luck with your search.....

This is a great idea, but I am also going to suggest going to Ron Henry Wells because his wolves are super amazing, especially if you want the weirder side of things:

249c0c7006c811e3a5b622000a9f1254_7.jpg

1b9cc658734511e28df922000a9f1991_7.jpg

This is a great idea, but I am also going to suggest going to Ron Henry Wells because his wolves are super amazing, especially if you want the weirder side of things:

I agree!

I have been trying to get something from Ron for a while now but can never catch up with him it seems and when I do I am already getting tattooed by someone else!

It will happen though.....