Female Artist - Japanese style?

soraya

I'm planning a back piece. I want it in the japanese style - I just love that look.

As a woman, I am more comfortable with female artists. Can't explain, its just the way I feel. Can anyone recommend a female artist who does really super quality japanese style work? I am in the midwest, but am willing to travel in the continental US or Ontario.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Some great female artists have been suggested. A few do really traditional Japanese, which is really what I am looking for, and many do a modification of the style. Gives me lots to think about. Keep the suggestions coming!

As I've started to think about the reality of getting a back piece I realized that I really am going to need several sessions. When I said I was willing to travel anywhere in the U.S. I didn't really thenk about the expense of traveling cross country for several sessions with a far-flung artist. I may have to limit my search to the mid west.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Some great female artists have been suggested. A few do really traditional Japanese, which is really what I am looking for, and many do a modification of the style. Gives me lots to think about. Keep the suggestions coming!

As I've started to think about the reality of getting a back piece I realized that I really am going to need several sessions. When I said I was willing to travel anywhere in the U.S. I didn't really thenk about the expense of traveling cross country for several sessions with a far-flung artist. I may have to limit my search to the mid west.

A few more artist in the Mid West...

https://instagram.com/solokill

https://instagram.com/brendaflatmotattoo

I don't want to siderail the thread but does anyone know who did the sleeves on the guy in the Darcy Nutt video? Are they her's too?

I don't know,but that Japanese sleeve is solid...You can call the shop and ask.I didn't see that sleeve in her Instagram.but if she didn't do it,and if that guy is from Boise,then he may have got it from Erik Payne@ Home

I don't know,but that Japanese sleeve is solid...You can call the shop and ask.I didn't see that sleeve in her Instagram.but if she didn't do it,and if that guy is from Boise,then he may have got it from Erik Payne@ Home

I did some digging. Darcy Nutt did indeed do Graham Taylor's sleeves. She also did both of his calf sleeves.

• 7 months later...

I started this post several months back, but want to revive it, as I haven't yet started on my back piece. I'm wondering if there are any new suggestions? To recap, I'm looking for a female artist, in the midwest, that does Japanese style tattoos.