Darren24mma

Is my tattoo infected or just a rash?

Hi Guys, I'm back with yet another horror healing process! YAY.

I got this tattoo done 3 days ago now, it was initially wrapped with dermalize for the first day overnight which i then took off to clean tattoo. it looked absolutely fine after taking the wrapping off.I cleaned with a green soap type wash i had in the house, which i later realised an ingredient in this was perfume ( which is obviously not great for aftercare). question 1, is green soap just for the initial clean for cling wrap or can it be used as a daily aftercare soap? i washed with the green soap, pat dry with some kitchen paper towel, and let air dry for 15mins. i then put a small layer of hustle butter on there and then put a new sheet of dermalize over it. a few hours later i noticed the nose was getting slightly red, it continued to get more red so i showered and carefully took this dermalize off. i went out and bought an anitbacterial, fragrance and perfume free mild soap for washing the tattoo and have since been using small amounts of hustle butter as moisturiser. The redness has continued to spread throughout the whole tattoo now not just the nose. i have no signs of infection such as swelling, severe inflammation, nausea, temperature etc. Do you guys think from the photos this could be just a regular rash and will just run its course? And help is greatly appreciated as always! Thank you guys so much.

Darren

40449339_236071760443186_9140301914741669888_n.jpg

40424681_264696827493751_8400014741648441344_n.jpg

40512924_2286220754738551_5738640833662418944_n.jpg

40406213_2241311332565103_4411668352070582272_n.jpg

40591344_2197184180493885_8439774709901426688_n.jpg

40468002_320400568759095_4788096302552449024_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, scottyg said:

a rash; you're probably over cleaning it/over doing it on the cleaning regime

how's it looking today?

As of last night it started peeling heavily out of nowhere after I stopped using any creams/ lotions for a day. the redness is not as bad, but still there. How should I go about cleaning / caring for it during the peeing stage? 

Thanks scotty 

if it's peeling that's probably good, it's the next stage

very light soap and just like gently clean it with water; use regular clean towels, not paper towels and just pat dry/let air dry

lightest of lotions: you want to keep it moisterized but not like damp

don't rub/don't peel the flakes

people tend to overdo it on the care part

On 9/1/2018 at 1:03 PM, scottyg said:

if it's peeling that's probably good, it's the next stage

very light soap and just like gently clean it with water; use regular clean towels, not paper towels and just pat dry/let air dry

lightest of lotions: you want to keep it moisterized but not like damp

don't rub/don't peel the flakes

people tend to overdo it on the care part

Is it normal for the skin to be still quite red one week on? My skin wasn’t red at all the day after the tattoo until I washed it with green soap ( which contains both alcohol and perfume) and put a layer of derm on it. I think I may have done the skin some damage in doing so...

I've been doing less and less aftercare as I get more experienced and figure out what works for me. These days, I soak in a hot tub right after the tattoo and again the next day and keep it clean and wrapped for two or three days. Then it's a little cocoa butter for another three or four days and I'm good to go. Since I started doing the hot bath, my tattoos haven't actually healed any faster, that I can tell anyway, but are much less painful. I've always been a fast healer.