Aftercare question (wont let me post anywhere else)

Benzillatats

This site wont let me post in aftercare questions still. So I am posting my question here.

So it's been 1 month to the day since I got this coverup worked on. I went swimming 1 week after getting it. About 5 minutes into the swim, I realized I wasn't supposed to be doing this, so i jumped out, went and washed it right away, etc. So, I've had arm muscle pain ever since. Like, my entire arm muscles have been sore. And the tattoo, one month later, is not looking as healed as I am used to tattoos looking. I'm just wondering if it's normal for it to sstill be scaly / shiny 1 month after I've gotten the tattoo? I went to the doctor but he honestly didn't know much about tattoos or what to look out for. He just said to contact him if I got a fever or anything. Any advice here to help put my mind at ease would be much appreciated. I'm considering whether I should try and get in with a dermatologist or not. Photos attached, thanks in advance for any help you can give.  

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.51.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.50.57 PM.png

2 hours ago, Dan said:

LOL  so you knew you shouldn't be swimming a week after getting a tattoo ?   that's on you,

let it heal more, a little shiny and flaky sound normal to me,

muscle aches  not typically  from infection

Ok so the swimming was my fault. I hadn't had a tattoo in YEARs and I totally forgot. That's why I'm worried. I was in the pool 10 minutes and realized what I had done and got out.

Is flaking normal 1 month later? From everything I've read, it should be almost fully healed by now. 

Just now, Benzillatats said:

Ok so the swimming was my fault. I hadn't had a tattoo in YEARs and I totally forgot. That's why I'm worried. I was in the pool 10 minutes and realized what I had done and got out.

Is flaking normal 1 month later? From everything I've read, it should be almost fully healed by now. 

one month is not fully healed.

5 weeks out now and my shoulder / arm pain is worse. The dead skin on the tattoo is worse. It looks wrinkly and scalier than it did before. I saw a dermatologist and he gave me a steroid creme yesterday but so far it hasn't helped at all. I don't know what this could be but whatever it is it's feeling worse. 

6 hours ago, Benzillatats said:

5 weeks out now and my shoulder / arm pain is worse. The dead skin on the tattoo is worse. It looks wrinkly and scalier than it did before. I saw a dermatologist and he gave me a steroid creme yesterday but so far it hasn't helped at all. I don't know what this could be but whatever it is it's feeling worse. 

first thing to do is DON'T GET ANYMORE TATTOOS !

and ,well,secondly,relax and wait until it's ACTUALLY  HEALED !

maybe try some ibuprofen,and ice it.

if that doesn't work,

maybe it has NOTHING to do with the tattoo !

See a doctor.  

It is rare but there have been cases of inflammatory myopathy as a complication post tattoo - it's been found in cases where people are immuno-suppressed - which could be for a number of reasons.

I say "have been cases" - a quick google only brings up one - so it seems very rare - or under-reported.

Not saying that's your issue of course - as above - you should see a medical professional (internet forums are not the best place to get any kind of diagnosis).

"https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/beware-of-getting-a-tattoo-if-your-immune-system-isnt-up-to-scratch-doctors-warn/"

Edited by AtomicMagpye

7 hours ago, AtomicMagpye said:

See a doctor.  

It is rare but there have been cases of inflammatory myopathy as a complication post tattoo - it's been found in cases where people are immuno-suppressed - which could be for a number of reasons.

I say "have been cases" - a quick google only brings up one - so it seems very rare - or under-reported.

Not saying that's your issue of course - as above - you should see a medical professional (internet forums are not the best place to get any kind of diagnosis).

"https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/beware-of-getting-a-tattoo-if-your-immune-system-isnt-up-to-scratch-doctors-warn/"

This is the first time that I think someone night be on to something. I've seen doctor's. I've seen my GP 3 times and a dermatologist as well. They all came up empty. I'm going back to my GP today because the muscle pain is still worse. I was wondering if it was possible to have nerve damage that caused radiating pain after getting a tattoo. My wife has had multiple surgeries on her abdomin. Because of the multiple lacerations, there has been nerve damage that, at one point, has her in the hospital with level 10 pain. After physical therapy, the pain diminished. 

The araa that I was tattooed has now been gone over 3 seperate times. So I'm wondering if, because of how much this one part of my skin has been gone over and broken down by needles, if it is possible that there is some nerve damage caused by scar tissue compressing the nerves in my arm in the same way that my wife's scar tissue compressed her nerves. 

Thoughts?