Hi! Im new here. Minor needing an advice should i get a tattoo or not?

Lexz33

Hello everyone,so for the past few weeks i have been thinking about getting my first tattoo on and i have some questions. I wanted to get a small tattoo on my finger,little below my knuckles or in between my thumb and index finger on a hand. The tattoo would be a kanji sign for "three"(ill attach it below) and it would represent a person who saved me from suicide some time back (long story to explain in what way). I personally think that this is a good enough reason to get one and i also find it very beautiful and i feel like it will also represent my life because i wouldnt be here without that person(im doing amazing now in case anyone cares). Tho i have been watching a lot of videos on youtube and people there said that the chances are high that when someone as young as me(17) does a tattoo that we will regret it afterwards. I dont wanna have something that i dont want to be there on my body but i also dont feel like i would ever regret it,but i can change in future so i dont know. I have my parents permission and enough money. So i wanted to ask all of you,do you think that i would ever regret a tattoo that has such a big meaning and is also very small and simple tattoo? Thanks to you all in advance.

yyyy.png

Edited by Lexz33

2 hours ago, Lexz33 said:

Hello everyone,so for the past few weeks i have been thinking about getting my first tattoo on and i have some questions. I wanted to get a small tattoo on my finger,little below my knuckles or in between my thumb and index finger on a hand. The tattoo would be a kanji sign for "three"(ill attach it below) and it would represent a person who saved me from suicide some time back (long story to explain in what way). I personally think that this is a good enough reason to get one and i also find it very beautiful and i feel like it will also represent my life because i wouldnt be here without that person(im doing amazing now in case anyone cares). Tho i have been watching a lot of videos on youtube and people there said that the chances are high that when someone as young as me(17) does a tattoo that we will regret it afterwards. I dont wanna have something that i dont want to be there on my body but i also dont feel like i would ever regret it,but i can change in future so i dont know. I have my parents permission and enough money. So i wanted to ask all of you,do you think that i would ever regret a tattoo that has such a big meaning and is also very small and simple tattoo? Thanks to you all in advance.

yyyy.png

think about it for a couple more years first

If you decide to get one regardless of advice, which is what I suspect will happen, at least don't get it in a place where you can't easily cover it up. When I was young I wanted to be a musician. I wound up in the pension planning industry for a long time. Talk about the most conservative, tight-ass group in the country! Any tattoos would definitely have been a deal breaker. I spent 15 years with short hair and wearing a suit and tie every day. I swore when I got out I would grow my hair down to my ass and never wear anything but jeans and a t-shirt to work again. I made half good on my promise. My hair's only half way down my back and I occasionally wear a shirt with a collar. When I go to an interview now, I wear my shirt sleeves rolled up. They might as well see my tattoos now because I'm not hiding them later.