i feel a little weird asking this, but has anyone ever worked for Sailor Jerry Clothing? opinions on tattoo clothing brands aside, i'm looking for personal experiences if anyone has them. i'm not going to say anything more because i don't want to jinx myself. thank you kindly in advance!
i got an email letting me know that i had a new friend request on here and decided to log on. i guess it's time to update everyone with what's going on in my life. i'm good a lists and there's a lot of stuff going on so here goes:
-i left the nursery. i loved working with kittens, but for reason i do not wish to discuss, it was not a healthy place for me to be. i have a new job now as a legal assistant. i kind of like it, but it's crazy sometimes.
-my mom has invasive breast cancer. th
in less than a month my life is basically starting over.
i will be starting a brand-new job, where i will be looking after 12 litters of neo-natal (under 8 weeks old) kittens. 10 days after my first day of work, i will also begin my first semester of school in 3 years, hopefully on my way to earn a second bachelor's degree, this time in conservation biology. i stopped on the path i was on, took a moment to look around, realized that i didn't like where i was headed, and decided to go off of
it's a weird feeling.
my grandmother just had heart valve replacement surgery, and luckily she is doing just fine, but i had to ask if my dad's girlfriend was going to be at my grandparent's house. it was a hard question to text (we hardly speak on the phone anymore).
it's an awkward place to be. as a grown single child, i have been the sole witness to my parents, and i am now the point between two, very separated families. i feel torn in my own way, conflicted by my own personal thoughts
so, i rescued another bird today at work (the second bird rescue made while at work, and the third bird rescue over the last year and a half), and now my co-workers are calling me the bird whisper. i suppose that's fitting given my name.
so, one co-worker suggested i become an avarian veterinarian. maybe that's what i should become, and the bird is a sign of this?
taking on Scott's advice, i thought i'd post a blog on a site that none of my co-workers will come across, and that is something i need to get off my chest:
i hate my job.
there, i said it. i hate my job. i don't hate my co-workers, i don't hate working in a museum, i don't even hate our museum, despite it's ever growing list of disfunctions. i just hate my job. i absolutely hate it.
i hate that i am constantly stressed out while i am at work. i hate that i have to deal with others who do
here are pictures of THE dress and my outfit that i wore to celebrate 2 years with Jackson.
here's the dress alone:
here's the outfit:
and here's me with a ridiculous grin on my face:
Gather's prix fixe menu was AMAZING! i'll post more about it in the forums.
alright, alright, i know i might get some slack for this, but at this point i'm feeling kind of desperate.
so ladies (or men who are knowledgeable on women's fashion), have any suggestions on where to find a cute dress?
nye is the 2 year dating anniversary (yes, we're 16) for Jackson and i. i know it's not a huge deal, but it's an excuse for us to celebrate, go on an actual date (we have really different schedules, so our dates tend to be cuddling and watching a movie at 10pm), and enjoy so
and this weekend will be busy as hell. so far this week:
- witnessed a meltdown at a curatorial committee meeting
- was rear ended on my way to work (both me and my car are ok, i'll end up with a free, brand new rear axel and bumper)
- overheard another meeting where i was suggested to be THE curator for the bod mod exhibit (we'll see what happens)
- being brought on a non-work related secret project with someone who i admire
- feeling exhausted still from my trip, school, and life in gene
this site makes me want to get back into making art hardcore. i need a push to stop being lazy (and to clean/finish unpacking/organize my room) and to start actually making a game plan to do things again, so i'm hoping this blog post will do that. i have a few ideas already in the works, and i'm going to lay them all out here so i do not forget (and maybe someone will push me forward):
- (work in progress) a series of portraits of people who have inspired me (family, artists, theorists, histo
- saving a bird who hit a window
- getting hugged by a schizophrenic, homeless dude
- getting tattooed twice in one day (thanks Mario and Nick!)
- having the best vegan ruben (earwax was awesome!)
- seeing articles of faith and less than jake twice, both in a club that only held 150 people
- eating a snack two seats away from keith morris at skewerz
- seeing john josephs just chillin’ against a benz
- watching a two year old demand to get tattooed
- meeting El Brad who is my dead uncle’s
i've been a song lyric fanatic for years. if a song has good lyrics, but the music's just meh, i'll still love it for the lyrics. here's a list of what i hope to get done so far:
- "times are hard it's true. i'll cope" - GB of course
- "be open hearted!"- GB
- "we all know, that soul is hard to find" - Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
- "hearing that noise was my first ever feeling" - the Clash
- "i'm not down!"- the Clash
- "as in heaven, as in hell" - the Clash
- "just look to the clou