Favorite Movies for Tattooers and Tattoo Customers

Lochlan

Bronson was a great movie--the same guy also did a triology called "Pusher" ithe s rad drug dealin europeans an shit. i couldnt watch tv an tattoo as im sure the screen would distract me. i get into it wit the folk at my shop over music as well....opinions and assholes

Bronson is pretty good. Very inaccurate though. Barry the Baptist ( Lenny Mclean) in Lock Stock was a Real, Legendary "Hard Man," and bounced clubs for the Krays. I'm sure Guy Ritchie got plenty of stories from him. He was also an unlicensed boxer, as was Charlie Bronson. All those guys have books out now. Some of the fights are on youtube. They are gritty and brutal. Check out Roy Shaw too.

Another true crim story is the Australian film Chopper, a real nut who had his cell mate cut off both his ears .Hes also an author,performance and rap artist and Aussie legend .

I had an Aussie houseguest for a month a few years ago who introduced me to the awesomeness of Chopper. HARDEN THE FUCK UP is now a mantra.

Movies:

I watch everything from snobby art flicks (Jodorowsky is my favorite director- Santa Sangre just came out on Bluray, with El Topo and Holy Mountain coming soon) to romcoms. My neighbor and I go see a movie a week. Regardless of what's playing.

Constant top five:

1. El Topo

2. The Holy Mountain

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. The Shining

5. The Thing

It was pointed out to me once that all of my favorite movies start with THE.

Alejandro Jodorowsky is one amazing director for creating both El Topo and The Holy Mountain.

No wonder Sleep has an album after that movie.

The Bluray version of Santa Sangre is SO f'ing nice. When Topo and Mountian finally come out, I'm going to lock myself in my movie room and not come out for a few days.

I had a chance to go see Holy Mountain in NYC about four, five years ago. They had just restored the print and it was crisper than I had ever seen it. Before the show starts, they introduce Alejandro and we collectively gasped. He spoke for a little bit, then sat right down with us and watched the movie. I had met Kenneth Anger earlier that night, so walking up and shaking hands with Jodorowsky.... that just made my year.

Sadly, I don't ever see KING SHOT getting made. It's been in "preproduction" for a couple of years now.

from Jodorowsky i watchedonly the holy mountain and i must admit it's kinda difficult movie.

perhapstoo many mystical references.

here's a list of someofmy favourite movies:

rashomon

irezumi

blood in blood out

cannibalholocaust

young frankestein

60's 70's and 80's italian comedies

milano calibro 9

list would be way too long