Good Sushi in San Francisco?

ian

My Wife and I are headed up there for the weekend and we're trying to plan out some good places to eat.

I was hoping some of you guys from the City could suggest a couple places. There seems to be a lot of different places to get sushi up there, same where I live but if you're from Santa Barbara and like sushi you'll mention one or both of the 2 best places here and I'm wondering if that goes for SF.

Hogg recommended a place that looks really good but I'm just looking for a few choices to look at.

Any suggestions?

I'll add that we're hoping to find a spot with 'Americanized' sushi with fancy sauces and what not.

Not super traditional Japanese stuff if that makes any sense.

We know sushi isn't usually cheap but we also don't want to end up at the most expensive spot :D

Sushi Ran is my fave in the Bay. Yoshi is the man! Fish is super fresh and you have to get the shaking beef and the miso glazed cod. Or do the omakase. Ozumo's is also good. There's also a place called Tekka on Balboa St that only does 2 seatings each day, set menu, rules to eating but is worth it if you get one of the 10 seats. If you have more time, get up to Morimoto's in Napa.