Tattoo shop selling supplies to scratchers

Delicious

I went to a tattoo shop I've never been to before to get my cartilage pierced and to get my sister's nose pierced. It was not a very high quality shop, as far as the work they produce, honestly I thought it was terrible. But the piercings were a decent price and sanitary. And they did have me fill out paperwork which I never had to do before, so at least they kept with the law.

Anyway, they had a glass case full of tattoo supplies that they would sell to just anyone. Shaders, liners, etc were 5 bucks per package, and the machines themselves were a good amount more. they also had ink.

What kind of tattoo shop does that?

Like seriously, I was shocked and appalled and it finalized my decision never to get anything more than a piercing there.

Probably not a very good idea to give out the address of a place selling tattoo supplies. The cat is out of the bag with this one anyway...there was that guy who started an intro thread a week or so ago saying that he bought a "starter kit" on Amazon so shit is easily available to anybody who wants it.

Scratchers bother me but I think the best way of dealing with them, at least in the context of this forum, is to promote the art and the craft of good tattooing and to show people that if they're willing to put the time, money, and effort into it, that anybody can get truly great tattoos, and that great tattoos are absolutely worth it.

YEah, people who sell supplies to just anyone are indeed assholes. If you cant make enough money at your business selling tattoos and have to sell supplies or apprenticeships you should fuck right off out of tattooing and get a job at a bank or something. This last year I saw more HORRIBLE giant tattoos than ever before. People can get supplies dirt cheap anywhere these days.

I went to a tattoo shop I've never been to before to get my cartilage pierced and to get my sister's nose pierced. It was not a very high quality shop, as far as the work they produce, honestly I thought it was terrible. But the piercings were a decent price and sanitary. And they did have me fill out paperwork which I never had to do before, so at least they kept with the law.

Anyway, they had a glass case full of tattoo supplies that they would sell to just anyone. Shaders, liners, etc were 5 bucks per package, and the machines themselves were a good amount more. they also had ink.

What kind of tattoo shop does that?

Like seriously, I was shocked and appalled and it finalized my decision never to get anything more than a piercing there.

So how did you ascertain that they would sell supplies to anyone? Did you try to buy something? I guess it's not really that important what they do, but I know a few tattoo supply companies that also operate shops and keep inventory on hand for tattooers that stop by. It's not that hard for me to believe that people are dumb enough to sell supplies to general public, but at the same time it is.

They sold needles and ink to my sister's friend, who is 21 years old and tattoos out of his house.

Yikes, that's not good. I don't know if I would be supporting that business in any way, shape, or form. I wouldn't be concerned enough to do anything about it, but probably would make sure they made $0 of me. Realistically their supply practices don't necessarily reflect their level of ability to put on a tattoo or pierce, but all the money goes into keeping that shop open.

Yikes, that's not good. I don't know if I would be supporting that business in any way, shape, or form. I wouldn't be concerned enough to do anything about it, but probably would make sure they made $0 of me. Realistically their supply practices don't necessarily reflect their level of ability to put on a tattoo or pierce, but all the money goes into keeping that shop open.

Exactly what David said.... There is no way I would support that place in any capacity. Purchasing piercing services and jewelry goes into the pockets of asshats....fuck that.