Back of thighs after care.

ailsa

So I've done a search and can't see anything on the subject but I apologise in case I missed something.

My next piece is the back of both my thighs, now I've picked up a lot of tips and tricks about help with swelling and general after care but I was just wondering if there were any tips for getting about with fresh thigh tattoos, it has dawned on me that sitting and going to the loo is going to be a pain for a while so I would be interested to hear how others coped with these problems.

Just any tips for this area to make the healing process smoother (and faster) would be greatly appreciated!

Well I can tell you it isn't fun! Any sitting I do generally involves me sitting half-assed most of the time. I give up using any pocket that touches the area as even something like loose change can bother it. Loose pants whenever possible (skip jeans) because if you got scabs it feels terrible. Other than that normal healing

I don't see why you couldn't wear jeans while healing a thigh tattoo? As long as they weren't too tight to pull over the swelling? I've had a few thigh tattoos and they sucked to heal in that they got swollen and it hurt to sit down/stand up for a few days, but there wasn't much I could do about it other than suck it up.

I don't see why you couldn't wear jeans while healing a thigh tattoo? As long as they weren't too tight to pull over the swelling? I've had a few thigh tattoos and they sucked to heal in that they got swollen and it hurt to sit down/stand up for a few days, but there wasn't much I could do about it other than suck it up.

There is no reason you can't wear them, I just personally find jeans to feel terrible against the new tattoo (rough canvas vs loose smooth cloth). Suit pants and gym shorts feel better. My latest spot to get tattooed was right where my left front pocket is and it feels like crap wearing jeans personally.

Scrubs are the best!! Highly recommend them - generally loose - generally soft cotton... wash well, don't mind wearing them into the shower for a minute if I'm stuck to them... and cheap!

Haha I use scrubs as my pyjamas! I used to work in a sterile hospital unit where we'd have to wear brand new scrubs every shift so every now and then I'd take a pair of bottoms home with me. So comfy! I've been living in them whilst my calf heals.

I agree with @slayer9019, I wouldn't want to wear jeans during the healing, I live in skinny jeans normally so I'd imagine that'd do nothing but piss the new tattoo off.

I agree with @slayer9019, I wouldn't want to wear jeans during the healing, I live in skinny jeans normally so I'd imagine that'd do nothing but piss the new tattoo off.

Skinny jeans actually worked kind of well for me last time around--they're tight enough that they don't rub the tattoo like regular jeans, but don't cling and get stuck to it like tights or leggings.

This is the sort of things I'm wondering about! I'm gonna have to perfect my hovering technique before I get it done.

You don't have to hove as much as just ease yourself on the seat, I think the back of my knee swelling up was/is the worst part of healing back of thigh tattoo. For the record Dickies work pants are my healing tattoo pant of choice. Jeans are okay but just a little tougher to get on.

Interesting points about jeans, I quite like leggings for similar reasons as skinny jeans that they don't move around so much but I feel like they have more give in them when getting them on rather than jeans. But I only stared wearing leggings once the flaking was over.

Fingers crossed the swelling will be kept to a minimum with all the tips I've learnt from LST so far!

I had the back of one thigh done a little less than a week ago, it has stayed "sunburn/punched repeatedly" sore longer than the fronts, but nothing crazy. Sitting has been fine, getting into and out of the car has been the most annoying movement. Shorts have also been my healing attire of choice because of the weather here. The hardest part was straining my neck from lying badly on my front for 4 hours.