What Inspires You?

KegRN

Love death in June....but not all is great. What do you think of tibets death in june songs? I love those as well. I like current 93 but seem to never listen to it. Thunder perfected mind and all the pretty horses are some of my favorites but thats the typical response. Like some sol invictus as well and the one above the ruins album is good (skethy RAC lineup and all). After that I dont spend much time on neo-folk and dont really get why its almost overnight popular.

- - - Updated - - -

Lately little inspires me....ive dropped all of my interests (except getting tattooed) to spend time trying to get in shape and healthy....so my inspiration is getting healthy then maybe I can think about reading,writing, art and music. One thing ive learned is I cant handle tons of interests and projects on top of work and family(wife/dog) so its nice to clear the mind and focus on one goal and not be spread thin by my own interests. Getting my shit together so to speak.

Are you and your wife coming to the Montreal convention this year? Does being healthy exclude you from spending an evening drinking beer and eating poutine?

Are you and your wife coming to the Montreal convention this year? Does being healthy exclude you from spending an evening drinking beer and eating poutine?

We are trying to go for at least a day. Waiting for info on if Im getting my back worked on. If we stay the night then beer and poutine is a must! Ill let you know.

I've said this elsewhere on here - my profile, probably! - but maybe two years ago I decided that, late 40's or not, I wasn't too old to start going to see bands play live again. Then that reminded me that when I was younger, I also liked tattoos, so I embraced that again as well. So...music inspired, and continues to inspire me, because I've decided my arm's a work in progress, and keep going back for more.

And although the late Warren Zevon apparently wasn't a tattoo fan, I've got a couple of pieces largely related to his stuff, so that's undeniably a particular inspiration. Oh, and if anybody wants a "great lyrics in rock songs" debate, I'm in the Zevon corner. :p

And although the late Warren Zevon apparently wasn't a tattoo fan, I've got a couple of pieces largely related to his stuff, so that's undeniably a particular inspiration. Oh, and if anybody wants a "great lyrics in rock songs" debate, I'm in the Zevon corner. :p

Oh what the hell, I'm getting towards drunk, here's the "one of the tattoos" song. :D