2014 Montreal Art Tattoo Convention

And it's coming up soon!

So for an LST meetup, who is planning on coming? If you're coming from out of town, what days will you be in town and what day(s) will you be getting tattooed? We could do poutine and drinks again like we did last year, we could do a pre-convention brunch, but let's figure this out!

And it's coming up soon!

So for an LST meetup, who is planning on coming? If you're coming from out of town, what days will you be in town and what day(s) will you be getting tattooed? We could do poutine and drinks again like we did last year, we could do a pre-convention brunch, but let's figure this out!

Erin and me will both be coming for the weekend.

I'm getting tattooed on Friday evening, but who knows - maybe I can find a way to get something on Saturday as well.

We are down for anything. Brunch could be fun too - then off to the con!

Perhaps an evening meet as well for some drinks?

And it's coming up soon!

I do like good beer :)

Count us in for anything this year.

I'd maybe suggest Saturday pre-convention brunch because if everybody is getting tattooed Friday, and I believe @BrianH said that his appointment is then as well, it might be hard to coordinate in terms of time because I'm assuming that at least Brian's tattoo is going to go late, plus it's a convention and everything tends to run a bit behind anyway, etc. However, I'm sure we'll all see each other on Friday and I'm totally into exchanging phone numbers, etc., and meeting for food/drink after. There's a Biermarkt near the convention, I haven't personally been to it, but I assume it's pretty much the same as the one in Toronto which I haven't been to in probably over a decade, but they have food (including poutine!) and a good selection of beer so maybe that would work?

For brunch, what neighborhoods are people staying in?

I'd maybe suggest Saturday pre-convention brunch because if everybody is getting tattooed Friday, and I believe @BrianH said that his appointment is then as well, it might be hard to coordinate in terms of time because I'm assuming that at least Brian's tattoo is going to go late, plus it's a convention and everything tends to run a bit behind anyway, etc. However, I'm sure we'll all see each other on Friday and I'm totally into exchanging phone numbers, etc., and meeting for food/drink after. There's a Biermarkt near the convention, I haven't personally been to it, but I assume it's pretty much the same as the one in Toronto which I haven't been to in probably over a decade, but they have food (including poutine!) and a good selection of beer so maybe that would work?

Works for us. We are staying on the Plateau again. Pretty easy to walk almost anywhere from there.

We'll likely be right in the Plateau.

edit

sees thread above - notes @Mark Bee is also reading LST

I'll be there friday from open to close and I am expecting to be in a mental fog of pain and discomfort at the end of the night. Saturday brunch sounds good. We are staying at the same bed and breakfast you recommended to us last year.

My employer is doing its best to make sure I don't make it to Montreal. They just fucked up my pay, and as a result I might not have any money to take the trip. Looking grim at this point. Even worse, I'll lose my spot with RHW.

This really sucks! If they screwed up your pay, won't they make it right eventually? There's still 3 weeks before the convention!

If it helps at all I can pick you up on the way through T.O. I won't feel right driving past there knowing that an LSTer has been left behind...

This really sucks! If they screwed up your pay, won't they make it right eventually? There's still 3 weeks before the convention!

If it helps at all I can pick you up on the way through T.O. I won't feel right driving past there knowing that an LSTer has been left behind...

That's awesome of you. Thanks! We are set for transportation, though. I haven't given up all hope yet, but things are looking grim at the moment.

Considering going to this, just depends on if I'll have people to make the (now short) trip up with. I'll be in touch with everyone if I make it official. Saturday would probably be a better day for me, as a heads up. Also, for those who have gone in the past, do you recommend purchasing tickets ahead of time?

@HaydenRose Get tickets at the door. You'll probably have to wait in a bit of a line to get your tickets but it's never that long. You should totally come if you can!

I was meaning to ask that question too. I have an appointment at 6pm, and I now see that doors open at 6pm. Would it be a good idea for me to get tickets in advance?

Also, my plainskin brother has decided to come with me for the weekend, which is awesome because now I don't have to drive 6ish hrs each way alone! And we don't hang out together that often even though he lives only 20 mins away. Anyone who can convince him to get a tattoo gets drinks on me!

Last year there was a long line before the doors opened on Sunday. If you have an appointment at 6pm I would buy your ticket in advance so you can skip the line.

I also have an appt at 6pm. Who are you getting tattooed by?

Ron Henry Wells!

Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to buy tickets in advance then.

Here's another question from a tattoo convention noob: Should I be planning to pay my artist in $US, or $CAD? I made a deposit in $US, so my assumption was to pay that way as well but I thought I'd ask. Same thing if I buy prints or merchandise from American tattooers - do they just add 10% to their normal price and take Canadian dollars?