State of Grace Write-up

going to try and see the exhibit this summer...with my folks...who don't know i have any tattoos...keeping my back and side hidden has been easy...my 1/2 sleeve...not.so.much. :)

My mother didn't find out until I was in my 30's. She came to visit and I had just jumped out of the shower when she knocked on the door. I knew it was her and didn't want her to wait as she drove from SF to Vegas. I opened the door and she said, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!.... I broke the news that I've had them since I was 19 and it's time she knows.... During my most recent and meaningful pursuit of tattoos she was supportive and knew how much I loved them... Funny how the relationship changes after time.....

Funny how the relationship changes after time.....

my folks are old-skool nisei...i think it'd kill them to know how much work i have...i was gerna show my mom when i just had her mon on the center of my back...now that it's my entire back, side, and 1/2 sleeve...not so inclined to share :)