Sign in to follow this  
jadore

Where does my tattoo come from???

Hi there,

I recently had this woman tattooed on my calf by Dane Soos in Trieste (see second image with green flower). I was on instagram and  found this tattoo posted by another italian tattoer just a couple of weeks after mine. I was just wondering if do you guys know if my tattoo is taken from an old school flash and so both took the image from the same source or if I might think that the design was copied? I'm not claiming that mine is an original tattoo at all, it is an absolute classic but when the similarity of details is so striking sometimes you just wonder if at least the two guys had the same inspriation or flash book. What do you guys think? Personally I like mine better, the other one looks like she has no eyes... 

J.

todisco.JPG

daneee.jpg

It does happen all the time. I agree that yours is from a flash sheet and I also agree that yours is the much better if the 2. Here is an example that I thought was just a bit much. Not that anyone owns the rose tattoo, but the timing / size / and placement seemed a little copy cat-ish.  Guess which one I like better?  

image.png

image.png

Edited by Rob I

42 minutes ago, Rob I said:

It does happen all the time. I agree that yours is from a flash sheet and I also agree that yours is the much better if the 2. Here is an example that I thought was just a bit much. Not that anyone owns the rose tattoo, but the timing / size / and placement seemed a little copy cat-ish.  Guess which one I like better?  

image.png

image.png

Yeah... I guess tattoo is all about images circulation and taking examples and ideas from others and specific traditions or flash sheet from older artists. In this case it looks like they took the flash and just put it upside down. I guess that when you realize that someone has a tattoo like yours, you have that bitter sweet feeling of understanding that your piece must be good if someone got for himself the same, but at the same time you feel like: "daamn why did you do it so similar to mine, man!".