New tattoo - need advise...

Blondie71

Hi there,  I am new to the site and I am hoping someone can give me some advise or to just tell me to chill out-lol!  I got the tattoo about a week ago;  I waited over a year to get this piece, mainly to research artists and to be sure about the piece itself.   Well I found an artist, his work that I saw was wonderful, and he has a 5 star rating, so I talked with him and made an appointment.  Well, I am not happy with the outcome.  To some, the errors might not be that visible, but to me it's breaking my heart, especially waiting so long and doing the research.   The piece was a tad expensive to.  I have gone back to him and he is more then willing to correct the issues - my question is - Do I go back to him or do I seek out another artist, to get their opinion/ advise and possibly do the corrections- or is it even 'fixable'??  He is telling me it is.  But, I am leery on going back - to say my anxiety is high is an understatement.   Am I being to critical - are they that bad?

I uploaded photos - the first one is the actual image and the tattoo, showing where I think the errors are.  The other 2 are different angles. 

Tattoo Pic & Actual.png

Tat View.jpg

Tat - side view.jpg

If I was the artist I'd tell you to take a hike. "Fixing" tattoos makes them worse more often than better in my experience. The tattoo isn't even healed and you're complaining about it. Rushing to "fix" something is a recipe for disaster. I can't tell you how many times I was getting tattooed and someone came in with some shitty glob of ink on their body crying about how they hated their tattoo so they ran out and got a coverup and now it's even worse. You've basically got a lot of lines. They can't move them, they can only tattoo over them.

My honest recommendation is "Don't get any more tattoos." Tattooing is an art, not a science. There is no such thing as a perfect tattoo.

Your expectations are very unrealistic, in my humble opinion anyway.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I think you need a wake up call.

Thank you for your honesty, nothing harsh about it- and I honestly needed that.  And to her it from someone not in my circle, is good.  So thank you - like I said, I just need to chill out.  I have other ink and never reacted like this, I just need to sit back and appreciate it AND be patient (definitely NOT a strong area for me).

Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it.   

Yeah, Hogrider is right. Just enjoy your tattoo. Quit staring at it with a microscope. You will hate it more if you have the artist start futzing with it.

I have NEVER looked at any of my many, many tattoos with such scrutiny. It is an art form, FFS. Enjoy your art. Stop obsessing. 

Edited by oboogie

looks good to me. artist interpretation. they will do what they think will look best. yours looks great. overthinking. you're lucky u didn't do what i did and tell my artist after it was finished to adjust a few things and it actually made it worse lol. for best outcome, pick a good artist, trust your artist, let them do their thing, don't micromanage. they're not going to do a carbon copy of a design on your body. it's a compromise in many ways between what they think looks best and what u want exactly.

• 3 weeks later...

There are errors on all tattoos.  Yours looks great just remember the artist is drawing(tracing) on your skin.  the transfer could slide a little bit or if your arm is slightly twisted when the transfer is being placed.  If you can find any perfect straight lines or perfect symmetry on any tattoos let the rest of us know.    The key is getting a very detailed piece. The more details the harder it is to notice any imperfections with a very few exceptions.     Your tat looks great.  Don’t scrutinize it.   That’s a slap in the face to the artist.  Honestly I don’t even see what issues you are trying to point out.  

• 3 weeks later...