Honeymoon Trip and Tattoos

Mark Bee

So I am getting married in July of this year to the most amazing woman. We are two peas in a pod. We both love tattoos and although I have far more, it is something we enjoy together. This August we are planning to take our honeymoon on a road trip through a large swath of the USA. (We are Canadians living in Toronto) We will travel to Nashville, then to Savannah, GA. After that we go to Orlando, New Orleans, San Antonio, Sante Fe, back through Colorado, Kansas, St. Louis, Chicago, then back to Toronto. I was thinking it would be fun to pick up a tattoo or two along the way. Nothing large, given that we will be in a car much of the time and a lot of healing and driving might not be a great idea. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about getting tattoos in some of these places? I know where'd I'd go in Chicago, but what about New Orleans or New Mexico? A tattoo from Texas would be cool too, and I'd be passing through San Antonio...

Savannah, GA: Anonymous Tattoo

Denver, CO: Dedication Tattoo - Denver, CO - I will vouch for Marie Sena being an awesome tattooer and an awesome person, the other tattooers there seem great too

Las Cruces, NM: "We don't do piercings." - Tick who tattoos there very occasionally posts here, and she was doing some awesome stuff at the Montreal convention last year so check her out.

Savannah, GA: Anonymous Tattoo

Denver, CO: Dedication Tattoo - Denver, CO - I will vouch for Marie Sena being an awesome tattooer and an awesome person, the other tattooers there seem great too

Las Cruces, NM: "We don't do piercings." - Tick who tattoos there very occasionally posts here, and she was doing some awesome stuff at the Montreal convention last year so check her out.

Thanks very much! I'll check these folks out.

- - - Updated - - -

i wanna see newly-wed photos this summer then! get a tattoo in every city you stop in!

I'd live to get a tattoo in each stop but I think Erin might not be on board with that. ;)

@Joe Shit you are always coming through with the best links and recommendations for tattooers. Bravo to you for taking your time to do so. I know it is appreciated by a lot of us here.

@Joe Shit you are always coming through with the best links and recommendations for tattooers. Bravo to you for taking your time to do so. I know it is appreciated by a lot of us here.

Thanks..I enjoy searching for good tattooers that aren't that well known.And I hope to do a cross country trip someday,and get tattooed along the way.

Music City Tattoo - Nashville, TN - Local Business | Facebook

.@nealaultmantattoo (Neal Aultman) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer

Chowhound - Chowhound for good restaurant's along the way.

Wow @Joe Shit - Thank you very much for these links. I really appreciate it. Very, very helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

COOL! Im getting married in july too! @Mark Bee

Congratulations, Ducky! That's awesome news!

- - - Updated - - -

Another dude who I've been digging lately though I've only seen his tattoos on IG is Ishmael Johnson in Fort Collins, CO. He's coming to the Montreal convention and I've been thinking of getting tattooed by him because he's doing some really cool stuff:

Instagram

Thanks again, Graeme - As usual, you are incredibly helpful. Its most appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup - what Brock said! :D

Getting married next summer most likely, too! Congrats! I wanted to do a road trip honeymoon across the US, but the other half isn't as keen. Let us know how it goes! And obviously what tattoos you both get!

Thanks and congratulations to you too! I'll certainly report back and post pics along the way.

• 5 weeks later...