Sign in to follow this  
JessicaJane

Blowout or just healing

Hey all, 

I just got my first tattoo and I am concerned that it may be a blowout. I just keep reading about it online but wanted some people with more experience to take a look and tell me if they have experienced the same. I have attached two pics - one right after the tattoo and one from this morning (day after the tattoo, <24 hr).  I called the tattoo shop  i went to and sent them pictures via email but they didnt answer yet and im sure they are busy so i don't want to be too pushy, especially if this is just a normal stage in the healing process. 

Is this normal?

Thanks a bunch for taking a look and letting me know your thoughts. 

-Jess

IMG_27871 (1).jpg

IMG_20180916_091546029.jpg

haha, yeah I actually couldn't see pictures attached on those threads until i made an account and i didnt notice that until i made my post, so i couldn't quite relate what people were posting to my own. Sorry for the redundancy.

I did see that someone commented on a different thread about using too much Aquaphor, how much is too much and how will that affect a tattoo?

8 hours ago, JessicaJane said:

haha, yeah I actually couldn't see pictures attached on those threads until i made an account and i didnt notice that until i made my post, so i couldn't quite relate what people were posting to my own. Sorry for the redundancy.

I did see that someone commented on a different thread about using too much Aquaphor, how much is too much and how will that affect a tattoo?

no,  too much aquafor or any lotion will not cause blowout.

too heavy use of lotion/potion will slow the heal process but mostly will not affect the tattoo as far as the ink application.

that does look like blowout on your foot IMO,

BUT ! 

it can happen to anybody by any artist anywhere on the body,the blowout is not your fault.

lastly,there is nothing you can do about blowout.so chill,relax,and start planning your next amazing tattoo.

Edited by Dan

Yeah, I guess I was just more so curious to know if people had experienced a similar thing where it looked like this but healed ok. And/or what people think is going on since im new to this and dont have a solid background. 

Im okay with imperfection and I love the tattoo regardless.  

Thank you for all your input.

43 minutes ago, JessicaJane said:

Yeah, I guess I was just more so curious to know if people had experienced a similar thing where it looked like this but healed ok. And/or what people think is going on since im new to this and dont have a solid background. 

Im okay with imperfection and I love the tattoo regardless.  

Thank you for all your input.

Yes, if you use the search feature, you'll find lots of people with new tattoos that think there may be something wrong with them. It's why I think people should do way more research BEFORE they get tattoos. 

You've got it now, the only thing you can do is wait.

On September 17, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Gingerninja said:

Maybe have a sticky post at the top of the initiation board that has the top FAQ for healing/blowout/regret...  @SStu

It itches, am I having an allergic reaction? 

We could make up little sayings to help them remember:

If you get it in a kitchen, it won't be bitchin'

Edited by Hogrider