Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I've been traveling a whole lot recently: spent a week in the Pacific Northwest with my sister--my first time west of Chicago actually. I fell in love with Portland and hope I get to spend a lot more time in that part of the country--surely one day I will escape Ohio? It's so pretty out there! Managed to visit some shops and got tattooed by Cheyenne at Atlas, but it was a family/work trip and it was honestly really fun to go somewhere and not have the trip revolve around getting tattooed. Headed to Nashville next weekend to see a couple Lucero shows and so this classics nerd can see the fake Parthenon! Then New York, again. Fun!

Have you decided yet? If you do pay for the tattoo, does this mean you can choose the artist?

I was all set to go for it :-)

Her BFF convinced her that the "responsible" thing to do would be to ask for money instead... since when are 18 year old kids responsible?????

Her birthday still isn't until next Saturday though so we'll see if she changes her mind.

and yes, if I'm buying I get to pick who does it - which is why I was all set to go for it!! Get my baby girl started off right!!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been traveling a whole lot recently: spent a week in the Pacific Northwest with my sister--my first time west of Chicago actually. I fell in love with Portland and hope I get to spend a lot more time in that part of the country--surely one day I will escape Ohio? It's so pretty out there! Managed to visit some shops and got tattooed by Cheyenne at Atlas, but it was a family/work trip and it was honestly really fun to go somewhere and not have the trip revolve around getting tattooed. Headed to Nashville next weekend to see a couple Lucero shows and so this classics nerd can see the fake Parthenon! Then New York, again. Fun!

West Coast Best Coast!!! ;)

So funny you mentioned the fake Parthenon @semele , We came across it by accident the other day in Nashville, in much better condition than the original! (If you can get past the colour.)

I lived in Athens in 2008 and have fond memories of getting thrown out of the crumbling original Parthenon by about 50 security guards blowing whistles. It'll be fun to see the fake one without all the scaffolding/angry people! I'm really hoping I get to go inside so I can see the really really ugly statue of Athena:

9127406402_ed9afcc2f3.jpg

I'm adopting a dog on Saturday!!!!! I can't fricken wait! Just had to share :) It's been about 3 years since the last love of my life passed and now that we're finally settled (not moving anytime soon) we are taking the plunge! This is going to be my fiance's first dog ever & my first dog all to myself (no parents or brothers to share with), so it will be an interesting life journey for both of us.

I promise to keep the doggy spam to a minimum :)

Im glad you're getting a pitbull. Some of the best dogs I have ever known were pitbulls.

Thanks! And I agree. One of the main reasons were getting her is because she's incredibly intelligent and a big snuggle bug. Not many people realize what excellent companions dogs they make.

She's a pitbull rescue, 3 years old. Her name is Eva (we don't want to change it since she responds to it) & I like it anyway- it suits her!

Aw, I'm glad! We're huge pit fans here. Ours died in 2008.

Eva is a pretty name. What color is she? I follow a lot of rescues on FB and there are always so many pit bulls, it just makes me so sad.

Aw, I'm glad! We're huge pit fans here. Ours died in 2008.

Eva is a pretty name. What color is she? I follow a lot of rescues on FB and there are always so many pit bulls, it just makes me so sad.

Aw, I know! I would take them all home if I could. She's actually a blue pit with white paws & a white belly.

Aw, I know! I would take them all home if I could. She's actually a blue pit with white paws & a white belly.

Seeing all the dogs (and ohhh those faces) made me start really missing ours again and looking them up on the internet, checking out rescues and such. That dog and I were at odds from day one and I still call her "that f-ing dog" but she was a good girl.

I've started writing a story again. I haven't written one in so long, and usually get stuck like maybe a few pages in. I'm trying a new method where I'm telling the story as diary entries, to force myself to write as if I were writing down my thoughts or feelings for a certain day... instead of doing that 3rd person story, where you have to write from all angles, and narrate. I'm doing well, almost to 10 pages, and it's one of the best things I've written so far. Let's see if I can take this to 60 pages as planned!

I've started writing a story again. I haven't written one in so long, and usually get stuck like maybe a few pages in. I'm trying a new method where I'm telling the story as diary entries, to force myself to write as if I were writing down my thoughts or feelings for a certain day... instead of doing that 3rd person story, where you have to write from all angles, and narrate. I'm doing well, almost to 10 pages, and it's one of the best things I've written so far. Let's see if I can take this to 60 pages as planned!

Good for you! I was writing a book, but my external hard drive got wiped so I lost everything. So I just gave up lol but ive been thinking of writing narratives of a song of I e and fire that weren't included but mentioned to get back in the swing of writing. You just inspired me to try again!