Sign in to follow this  
Carmelita

Not liking my new Tattoo, panic attacks

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, PinkUnicorn said:

When they're teenagers, they'll be embarrassed of you no matter what for a few years! :)

(Even with that cool tattoo you have.)

Thanks. And yes I'm sure they'll be embarrassed of me ;-). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks beautiful, you have nothing to worry about. Even if it's a really big tat you did it in a pretty personal space, it's not like you tattooed both your arms. Cheer up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

super cool tattoo and you did it proper at that size/scale. It's powerful. The tattoo will smooth out a bit and feel more natural with time, once it settles in. No room for second-guessing when you get tattoo. It's great, don't over think it, just think about the next one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, 4gus71n said:

Looks beautiful, you have nothing to worry about. Even if it's a really big tat you did it in a pretty personal space, it's not like you tattooed both your arms. Cheer up!

"Really big Tat" aaaaaahhh! ;-). Well I think this is one of the reasons why i got panic. I know I can hide it if I need to. But as said I'd rather change my mind into being really proud showing it and just not bothering about it ;-). 
It sure is an interesting process and I'm currently learning a lot about myself on top of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bongsau said:

super cool tattoo and you did it proper at that size/scale. It's powerful. The tattoo will smooth out a bit and feel more natural with time, once it settles in. No room for second-guessing when you get tattoo. It's great, don't over think it, just think about the next one.

 

Thanks a lot. It really helps to hear all the positive comments. I have something in mind to complement my new Tattoo but first I'll just need to let it settle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carmelita said:

It sure is an interesting process and I'm currently learning a lot about myself on top of it. 

^ one of the great things about tattoo that I think a lot of the average people getting tattoos overlook and miss out on. kudos for picking up on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I agree with everyone else here.  It's a fantastic tattoo, and it'll only look better after it settles into your skin.  I've had my fair share of tattoo regret, and it's faded every time.  Sometimes within a couple weeks, other times much longer.  Give yourself time.  And I know you don't want to do the other side of your back (at least not yet :10_wink:), but a whole back piece built around that tattoo/style would be effin' rad IMHO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, el twe said:

Yep, I agree with everyone else here.  It's a fantastic tattoo, and it'll only look better after it settles into your skin.  I've had my fair share of tattoo regret, and it's faded every time.  Sometimes within a couple weeks, other times much longer.  Give yourself time.  And I know you don't want to do the other side of your back (at least not yet :10_wink:), but a whole back piece built around that tattoo/style would be effin' rad IMHO...

Thank you. I'm still having my weak moments but they're getting less. I am giving myself some time and of course my goal is to adore and be absolutely in love with it. I mean this is why I chose it and decided to go through with it, right?
Everyone here has been a huge help so far and I'm really amazed by it. So thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All
Everybody has been a really great support in here and I'm letting my tattoo settle into my body. I just have another question regarding my work: The lines are really close to each other. Do you thing the spaces in between will dramatically fade into each other over the years?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Carmelita said:

Hi All
Everybody has been a really great support in here and I'm letting my tattoo settle into my body. I just have another question regarding my work: The lines are really close to each other. Do you thing the spaces in between will dramatically fade into each other over the years?

 

yes, maybe a little over the years, why worry about it ?

there is nothing to be done about it, don't obsess over it.

it's a nice tattoo, enjoy it ,love it, show it off, and plan your next one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan said:

yes, maybe a little over the years, why worry about it ?

there is nothing to be done about it, don't obsess over it.

it's a nice tattoo, enjoy it ,love it, show it off, and plan your next one.

Thanks Dan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. 
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your feedback and compliments. 
As an update, I'm feeling so much better about my tattoo and I'm liking it more and more and it has become part of me and who I am. I had some tough times and wow my mind went crazy.

You're opinions and words have helped me a lot getting over the negative thoughts and emotions I had and I'm really glad time has made me realise why I got my crow and even though I couldn't really show it off yet, I'm quite proud about it. 

This is a great community here and I really appreciate the honest feedback I got. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it looks amazing!!! I actually really really love it.

Don't worry, it's easy to have tattoo remorse. Especially for bigger pieces-- really, you just need some time to adjust to the change. Hopefully soon you will start feeling it as part of yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 1:02 AM, Milkbread said:

I think it looks amazing!!! I actually really really love it.

Don't worry, it's easy to have tattoo remorse. Especially for bigger pieces-- really, you just need some time to adjust to the change. Hopefully soon you will start feeling it as part of yourself!

Thank you. Maybe you didn't see my previous message ;-). I'm actually doing much better with my piece. Still adjusting but I like it more and more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi there. Thanks for the compliment. I'm seriously glad to say that the regret is gone. It took some time and it was a bumpy ride but I really came to love my tattoo and I'm proud of it :-).
I had to let it become part of me but the support of this group is amazing!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ( :

I feel quite the same right now. I had this idea of a tattoo and I went for it but even when I was shown the stencil there were parts I did not really feel comfortable with. I should have said something but I was too shy. Now I have my first tattoo covering most of my calf. I walked out of the parlor and thought 'God, what have I done?'

Right now I only feel like crying and puking and it isn't even the design itself. I think I would really like it on somebody else but I feel so shitty.

I don't even have the tattoo for a week and I already researched laser removal.

I wanted to ask if you had the same feeling of a knot in your stomach and how you feel today? Because I only have breef moments of 'I can live with this. This is actually quite cool' and I don't know if it is just me trying to convince myself that it will get better. 

An answer would really help me out.

Greets, Lena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Krisha said:

Hello ( :

I feel quite the same right now. I had this idea of a tattoo and I went for it but even when I was shown the stencil there were parts I did not really feel comfortable with. I should have said something but I was too shy. Now I have my first tattoo covering most of my calf. I walked out of the parlor and thought 'God, what have I done?'

Right now I only feel like crying and puking and it isn't even the design itself. I think I would really like it on somebody else but I feel so shitty.

I don't even have the tattoo for a week and I already researched laser removal.

I wanted to ask if you had the same feeling of a knot in your stomach and how you feel today? Because I only have breef moments of 'I can live with this. This is actually quite cool' and I don't know if it is just me trying to convince myself that it will get better. 

An answer would really help me out.

Greets, Lena

tattoo remorse is very common,what you are feeling ,we have all felt,I am heavily tattooed and I still get that,

it will pass,you will love your tattoo,and before you know it you will be planning your next tattoo,

but for now,let it heal,embrace it,

keep it out of the sun

use some aveeno lotion on it daily,

and show it off with pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this