snyderju89

What do you moisturize with?

Posting this in after care but I’m talking lifetime of the tattoo not during healing. In Minnesota, my skin gets very dry and can make my healed tattoos seem dull. Normal lotion seems to absorb too fast and doesn’t last. Wondering if anyone has any lotions or body butters that they swear by? I just want to keep my tattoos bright when it’s dry. Nothing too fragrant as I’m a guy and I don’t want to smell too overwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dan said:

IMO Aveeno is hands down the best,

I used to use and think Lubriderm was the best, but Aveeno blows it away for an everyday moisturizer,Aveeno lasts all day. Lubriderm lasts about 25 minutes. 

I use Aveeno "daily Fragrance  Free". (green label)

I've been using Lubriderm, but maybe I'll give Aveeno a try for the next bottle.

I was actually talking to my wife about this stuff. She used to work at Sephora while going to grad school and she thinks I’ll like it. She ordered me some last night I’m pretty excited to try it. Do you apply it right after a shower when your skin is still damp?

I use coconut oil for moistuzing all year long. Get the refined kind if scent is an issue. When my skin is —really— dry I use Palmers Cocoa Butter. It has a distinct cocoa scent, though, so that may not be an option for you. However, it’s one of the few lotions that doesn’t make my skin itch or burn AND it’s cheap. Edited to add: I am fairly certain that I’m allergic to lanolin, which is what’s causing the itching and burning mentioned above. I also get a remarkable red rash from wool socks! 

Edited by AgitProp

10 hours ago, AgitProp said:

I use coconut oil for moistuzing all year long. Get the refined kind if scent is an issue. When my skin is —really— dry I use Palmers Cocoa Butter. It has a distinct cocoa scent, though, so that may not be an option for you. However, it’s one of the few lotions that doesn’t make my skin itch or burn AND it’s cheap. Edited to add: I am fairly certain that I’m allergic to lanolin, which is what’s causing the itching and burning mentioned above. I also get a remarkable red rash from wool socks! 

I love Palmers cocoa butter,great stuff too.

I use it on a fresh tattoo when I can't use Saniderm.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, snyderju89 said:

I was actually talking to my wife about this stuff. She used to work at Sephora while going to grad school and she thinks I’ll like it. She ordered me some last night I’m pretty excited to try it. Do you apply it right after a shower when your skin is still damp?

I generally pat dry, then apply. 🙂 You are going to love it.

I got the Kiehls today and used it after my shower. I absolutely love it! It keeps my skin moisturized much longer than any lotion I’ve used and really brings out the color of my tattoos! Great product worth the money. Thanks everyone for all the recommendations.