Trolls

DJDeepFried

I'm not saying this speech was directed at me in particular (or that it doesn't apply to me at all). However, in my defense, I do not post for the purpose of upsetting others, nor does it bring me any sort of amusement or entertainment when someone does get upset by something I've said. I simply reserve the right to formulate my own opinions/conclusions, and I will defend that right, sometimes bitterly. As a non-conformist, the one thing I cannot allow anyone to take from me is my freedom to think for myself. Sometimes I will drop things because too many people are getting upset. I still have the right to my own opinions/conclusions, and I won't say I'm wrong if I don't think I am. I simply choose to keep certain opinions to myself when I find that too many others have become sensitive to them. But I will never change myself to please the masses, no matter how displeasing I become. However, rather than continue to be a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, I won't continue to force people to listen to my thoughts/opinions when many others find them to be offensive. And I do also attempt to make positive contributions to forums. What I think of as a troll is someone who has no interest in making a positive contribution, only in expressing their own point of view no matter who likes it or doesn't like it. And often it's not just the point of view that's being expressed, but how it is being expressed that's a problem. You can be right, but if not willing to engage in open dialogue with others who's point of view differs from your own, then you're a troll, methinks. Now, that doesn't mean that you have to change your point of view, it simply means that you're acknowledging that other people have a right to express a different point of view, and you are respecting them for it. I don't agree with certain points of view that are expressed on this forum, and I don't understand them and I may never understand them. But I respect people's right to have them, and all I ask is the same in return. We are all respecting each others right to choose how we express ourselves through the art we put on our bodies, why can't we respect each others right to express different points of view? That's all I'm saying. I've been called a troll by people who tried to force their expectations on me, yet refuse to respect the fact that I don't agree with them. I've had no choice but to protect myself from those people by placing them on my ignore list. I will not be forced into a way of thinking that I do not agree with or understand. If you can't or won't respect that, then it's paramount to me that I protect myself from you. People like that will turn the world into a wasteland one day. Everything we've tried to put behind us was brought about by those kind of people.

I'm not saying this speech was directed at me in particular (or that it doesn't apply to me at all). However, in my defense, I do not post for the purpose of upsetting others, nor does it bring me any sort of amusement or entertainment when someone does get upset by something I've said. I simply reserve the right to formulate my own opinions/conclusions, and I will defend that right, sometimes bitterly. As a non-conformist, the one thing I cannot allow anyone to take from me is my freedom to think for myself. Sometimes I will drop things because too many people are getting upset. I still have the right to my own opinions/conclusions, and I won't say I'm wrong if I don't think I am. I simply choose to keep certain opinions to myself when I find that too many others have become sensitive to them. But I will never change myself to please the masses, no matter how displeasing I become. However, rather than continue to be a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, I won't continue to force people to listen to my thoughts/opinions when many others find them to be offensive. And I do also attempt to make positive contributions to forums. What I think of as a troll is someone who has no interest in making a positive contribution, only in expressing their own point of view no matter who likes it or doesn't like it. And often it's not just the point of view that's being expressed, but how it is being expressed that's a problem. You can be right, but if not willing to engage in open dialogue with others who's point of view differs from your own, then you're a troll, methinks. Now, that doesn't mean that you have to change your point of view, it simply means that you're acknowledging that other people have a right to express a different point of view, and you are respecting them for it. I don't agree with certain points of view that are expressed on this forum, and I don't understand them and I may never understand them. But I respect people's right to have them, and all I ask is the same in return. We are all respecting each others right to choose how we express ourselves through the art we put on our bodies, why can't we respect each others right to express different points of view? That's all I'm saying. I've been called a troll by people who tried to force their expectations on me, yet refuse to respect the fact that I don't agree with them. I've had no choice but to protect myself from those people by placing them on my ignore list. I will not be forced into a way of thinking that I do not agree with or understand. If you can't or won't respect that, then it's paramount to me that I protect myself from you. People like that will turn the world into a wasteland one day. Everything we've tried to put behind us was brought about by those kind of people.

TBH, I'm glad you stuck around. And no, I don't think you're a "troll" by any means. Some people come on here and act like they know a lot and we label them "troll", but more often than not I think they're just misinformed. Typically, the ones that stick around turn out to not be "troll"-like and eventually realize most people on here know their shit and its better to just go with the flow. There will always be people in our lives that we may not agree with, or hold different views of the world, but it doesn't mean they are horrible people.

paragraphs are your friends! :cool:

Trolls are okay, but please don't start a My Little Pony thread. Creeps me out.

Rainbow Dash is my favorite!!!!

Kind of related to this......

Rob Rutherford made a 1-off machine based on Pinkie Pie that is up for auction on his FB page until March 30th! It's a pretty awesome looking machine too.....It is being auctioned to help a little boy's family with medical expenses!

Seems an 11 year old boy in Raleigh was bullied so much about liking MLP.....that he tried to commit suicide and ended up in the hospital with possible brain damage!

Anyway.....I have an MLP tattoo....he he he!

AND.....I thought I was the first troll here!!! :D

My artist is also doing MLP tattoos for the entire month of April in support of the Morones boy. $40 cash and $15 from each tattoo goes to his medical fund. 2 designs to choose from, a purple pony and a blue one (don't know their names because I don't watch the show).

- - - Updated - - -

TBH, I'm glad you stuck around. And no, I don't think you're a "troll" by any means. Some people come on here and act like they know a lot and we label them "troll", but more often than not I think they're just misinformed. Typically, the ones that stick around turn out to not be "troll"-like and eventually realize most people on here know their shit and its better to just go with the flow. There will always be people in our lives that we may not agree with, or hold different views of the world, but it doesn't mean they are horrible people.

For the record, I'm also glad I stuck around @HaydenRose. Lesson learned: don't leave the party just because someone shit on your birthday cake. Instead, break out the expensive wine and don't let the shitheads have any!

I have no problem with little kids liking My Little Pony. When teenagers start watching the show and talking about it on 4chan, then there's an issue. It's not developmentally sane for someone that old to watch a show like that. As for the boy who was bullied, there was obviously some wrong-doing on the part of the school and kids at the school.

I have no problem with little kids liking My Little Pony. When teenagers start watching the show and talking about it on 4chan, then there's an issue. It's not developmentally sane for someone that old to watch a show like that. As for the boy who was bullied, there was obviously some wrong-doing on the part of the school and kids at the school.

Or bronies... lmao

Idk, I think anyone can watch what they want. I've been an avid Spongebob fan for 10+ years :p No shame.

I think there's a sort of ironic cool thing that teenagers go for, in the UK anyway. I remember all the goths used to have muppet or teletubby backpacks, but they'd give them modifications like piercings. There was a craze for teens to wear dummies (pacifiers I think you'd call them) on necklaces round their necks. (I'm ashamed to admit it - I used to wear a cat collar for a necklace, including the bell, as a necklace. I thought I was so clever for subverting the dog collar thing. I see now why my dad just rolled his eyes at me and made no comment.) Anyway, my point is that teens watching MLP might be trying to be cool rather than a bit behind.