laser tattoo removal progress

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, traditionaltom said:

I had probably just over 20 sessions. Had a big bright traditional piece on my neck and its pretty much fully gone apart from a few sections.

Well, your post got me to REALLY thinking this whole thing through.  Unfortunately, I'm at a point where just stopping doesn't work for me.  I really wish I would have had better calibrated expectations from the first session.  I was led to believe that this would be a done deal at or around 10 sessions, now it sounds like closer to 20 and never complete removal.  

The office I was going to is no longer doing laser removal, which means I will be looking into other offices.  I am really hopeful the RAP device due out this quarter (full disclaimer I am a small stock holder of SOLY 🙂 ) that there will be a clinic within 10 hours drive that I could visit.  The results remain to be seen but what few pictures have been published, it looks promising.  If it doesn't end up working as well as it seems, I will be spacing out sessions to twice a year and eventually just blasting over it with something that looks better in this spot.  This is not my preference for previously mentioned reasons that I would like to go to work without a tie occasionally, but if it is the difference between having a now messed up tattoo in a bad location, or having a more aesthetically pleasing tattoo in this location, I would go for the latter. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have actually been thinking of getting a few tattoos removed myself. I have did some really really bad decisions when I was in college and a lot of them are on my skin. Honestly it didn't bother me as much in the past but I live in a respectful neighborhood I married an amazing person and I just feel like it is time for me to get rid of the tattoos. I have been looking for local clinics that do laser tattoo removal and was pleasantly surprised that there are actually so many options available. I settled on a clinic about 30 miles from my home and I have already talked to the doctors. I have scheduled and appointment and the first procedure is going to be done in two days. I am hoping this will go well. Wish me luck  

Edited by alyssagrey93

• 4 weeks later...

You will be most satisfied if you can be happy with a good cover-up. I had a professional tattoo lazered for three sessions and then corrected by a different artist. Four years later, the minor scaring halo has turned into a cool drop-shaddow. But, both during and after the process you must use patience.

4 hours ago, tattooo said:

I don't have a lot of tattoos, but do you think it will hurt when I want to have it removed?

Sorry for the flippant response.  In all seriousness, in terms of cost, time and discomfort I would say laser is exponentially more than getting a tattoo. 
for me, I can handle tattoo pain.  I have only experienced laser on the neck but I guarantee it is worse than getting the tattoo, which felt more like a burning/stinging/ scraping sensation.  Laser is like a rubberband snapping you more than a trillion times a second.  A pico second to be exact.  The only difference is the session lasts only minutes vs hours for the tattoo. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope everything works out for the OP. i have two tattoos i dont really like the placement of. i got them on my wrist facing me instead of the other way. when my arms are to my side they appear upside down to others.

from the stuff ive read on the internet and this thread it seems like its not a guarantee that it can be fully removed. Also one of mine is in blue ink which i think is harder to remove. they are both kind of small, maybe about 2 square inches. one is shaped in a way that i think i can maybe get a black tetris block tattoo to cover it perfectly. 

im not sure about a cover up though because its something that i probably wouldnt have wanted to get in the first place. both tattoos are kind of rough but i think if they were at least positioned the other way i could live with them and not really be annoyed by it. 

for now im just going to try to ignore the annoyance i have with them. 

*In the interest of full disclosure: I am a stockholder in the company I am about to mention.*

starting this month there will be a new technology for tattoo removal. The device is called Resonic and claims to use Rapid acoustic Pulse In conjunction with q switch laser.  Doing so enables multiple passes per office visit. From the pictures the company has posted it also appears to be highly effective.  

this is the latest and greatest in tattoo removal technology and as yet has not been launched commercially so I am eager to see more from this company and how successful the device may be.

As a stockholder, of course I hope the company does well for my investment, but hopefully from reading my previous posts you can see that I am rooting for this to work as I believe it’s the best hope of completing my tattoo removal journey.   

if you are interested in learning more, Google search terms: Soliton, SOLY, Resonic, and RAP (Rapid Acoustic Pulse).

rest assured I will be posting before and after pictures when this becomes available within eight hours travel distance from where I live.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, Asthma Inhaler Jim said:

for now im just going to try to ignore the annoyance i have with them. 

sometimes tattoos are a reminder to live and learn. After reading your first thread and response to this one, it sounds like you're on your way to some great tattoos that you'll be stoked on!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
22 hours ago, rajkishorprdhan said:

Laser tattoo removal is such an interesting process, isn't it??  It's true that tattoos can serve as reminders to live and learn, but it's also amazing to have the option to remove them if we change our minds..... After reading your first thread and your response to this one, it sounds like you're on a fantastic journey towards getting some incredible tattoos that you'll absolutely love! Even though a year has already passed

NO !!!!!!!!!!  that's not an option, if you just change your mind !?!??!?  LOL if you really knew anything about laser treatment, you would know it's a very long painful expensive process that doesn't get rid of the tattoo completly.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

NO !!!!!!!!!!  that's not an option, if you just change your mind !?!??!?  LOL if you really knew anything about laser treatment, you would know it's a very long painful expensive process that doesn't get rid of the tattoo completly.

Their first and only post. I’m just surprised that there wasn’t a link to some shitty website. I guess that will come in post number two.

13 minutes ago, rajkishorprdhan said:

And hey, speaking of lasers, have you heard about the myshittysite?? It's another fascinating application of laser technology. Keep exploring and embracing your unique style!

I knew the spam was coming.  Please don't use this site as your toilet.