Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Aging realism and what lasts

Images

Aging realism and what lasts

This is a blog Dan Henk wrote for Tattoo Artist Magazine blog recently. In it he discusses some of the issues with super realistic stuff and aging. I was just wondering what other people may think of it.

Dan Henk: Sometimes The Old-Timers Are Right TAM Blog

Contributor
    Images

Re: Aging realism and what lasts

i didnt read the article but heres m2c. by nature pastel colors fade quickly do to exposure to light. so it stands to reason that that would happen when you put them into the skin. i also do believe as i said in a different thread that the technical ability of the person putting them in comes into play a great deal.
    but in the end all tattoos will change, some will spread some will fade. to what level, i believe really depends on how a persons body deals with the ink and the technician applying the ink.

ultimately if the client is happy and business is good then its a success. even the people who have bad tattoos that love them, see a great tattoo in their head. figuring out what tattoos are better than others is a moot point. as tattooers we all pretty much are on the same grind so what difference does it really make. as a collector that loves their tattoos what difference does it make if another collector doesnt.

Champion Contest Winner TrixieFaux's Avatar
    Images
    I thought that was good but I also read and liked another article he wrote called Haters in which makes a different point....about there being room for traditional and realism and how people need to chill out with their criticisms:

http://tattooartistmagazineblog.com/...e-blog-haters/
    SStu and cltattooing like this.

Regular Site Supporter
    Contest Winner
    Images

Interesting blog articles there.

Images

TAM issue with Gogue interview has an intersting little blurb about this... 5 year tats bro. he says himself that he knows some of his work wont last too long. he says he has a guilty conscience because he knows that some of it just falls apart in a few years. he knows that people are just wowed by the little tricks that make it look neat. for a few years.

i could get a new sleeve every 5 or 10 yers!!

Images

I will probably have trouble keeping mine intact as it has very fine detail but who cares what happens in the future, live for today and what will be will be

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

If i were to get some fine line stuff i would just go into it thinking I will be able to get "blast overs" once it fades away

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cu_Bu View Post
    If i were to get some fine line stuff i would just go into it thinking I will be able to get "blast overs" once it fades away
    What does blast overs mean?

Hero Site Supporter
    Contest Winner

Blog Entries
    Images

a tattoo over a faded tattoo is a blast over in my mind, not always a cover but just tattoo on top of an older faded tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cu_Bu View Post
    would black and gray fineline last alot longer than photo realism colour tattoos?

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast

Support LST!