Huero

finer things in life

231 posts in this topic

wow great photos. I've never seen that copy of "On The Road"- rad cover.

here's my contribution, three of my favorite paintings:

Guernica.JPG

11118923.jpg

frida-kahlo-dorothy-hale-su1.jpg

The last painting was breath-taking in person. The extension of the painting beyond the canvas onto the frame was fucking rad.

here's my contribution, three of my favorite paintings:

frida-kahlo-dorothy-hale-su1.jpg

The last painting was breath-taking in person. The extension of the painting beyond the canvas onto the frame was fucking rad.

Jake, he's an artist that shows at Gallery 22 on Post, I believe?

If we're mentioning paintings, here's one of my faves, although a pic could never do it justice:

I met a guy who was having every little scene from this painting tattoed somewhere on his body from a woman in NY, does this sound familiar to anyone?

Jake, he's an artist that shows at Gallery 22 on Post, I believe?

If we're mentioning paintings, here's one of my faves, although a pic could never do it justice:

I met a guy who was having every little scene from this painting tattoed somewhere on his body from a woman in NY, does this sound familiar to anyone?

No I saw it at the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the SF MOMA.

What painting was the guy getting tattooed on him? That sounds like it could be frustrating for an artist to translate that to skin. I don't know though, I don't tattoo, maybe not...?

No I saw it at the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the SF MOMA.

What painting was the guy getting tattooed on him? That sounds like it could be frustrating for an artist to translate that to skin. I don't know though, I don't tattoo, maybe not...?

Oh, duh, knew I saw it somewhere myself.

The guy was getting little scenes from Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights. The tats were beautiful, no computer pic could do it justice, but here it is-

avila_lg.jpgsorry for the second post. some of the pictures aren't showing up.

Five stars.

Also:

limonious_11-690x690.jpg

I love Limonious album covers! Never a lack of slackness and they usually indicate killer dancehall music within.

Just saw this thread and headed out the door -- will need some time to contribute!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• @Kurgana NO! You kidding me? Not sure where you are from, but there are artists in the UK, the USA and Europe that have totally bowled me over. As well as those extemely vivid print-types I also LOVE the fine line work of Thieves of Tower and Dr Woo, and check these out, by Asley Malarkey.

https://www.tattoodo.com/a/2015/12/the-precious-black-and-grey-tattoos-of-ryan-ashley-malarkey/

There is a Pope mouse, and also an owl there that are fabulous!

But I admit to really loving the work at Fallen Heroes - at least the stuff in the online portfolios. Thys ended up being my first choice because of the detail and intensity of his work. However, I find La's stuff really appealing too - and certainly if one wants a fairy-tale quality to it, I think... My other crush is Bryan: for something realist. In fact, I asked when he was next available as I was thinking of two hands holding each other against a night sky/galaxy. However, he is only available in February! (My appointment with Thys is booked for May :o ) So...I'm going to see if La is available earlier and hopefully start with the tree.
    • @Tiresius I know! I'm trying to be mindful of not wasting any precious space for things that are not "important" to me though. I guess what is holding me back potentially even more than the budget is the relative lack of access to artists I like, it seems like you'll have no such problems. I really like the work of most artists from the studio you linked, and yes, I also find La's work beautiful! I am not really qualified to judge technical aspects or how this sort of work will age, but I'd personally love to have a tattoo done by her. There are some great examples of tattoos that flow very nicely with the body in her portfolio (love, love, love the back tattoo with the lady's head where her hair morphs into a wolf). Please post us some pics when you end up getting tattooed so that I can die of envy ;).    
    • I haven't read this whole thread - so apologies if someone gave the answer to this earlier, but can one do lazer hair removal on an area that has been tattooed? I'm just wondering whether it would be better to  lazer an area for a few months before having a tattoo there. I wouldn't mind waiting a few months afterwards to ensure its healed BEFORE doing lazer hair removal, but don't want to find out it is no longer an option when its too late!
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics