Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

@Dan S

@reverend1

I priced everything pretty well. Even looked at trains and buses. The method that gets me there when I need to be there for an acceptable cost happens to be renting a car. Plane would only be about $200 more expensive but I would also have to take a cab around Cinci as well. With the car, I can run my own schedule somewhat and be able to get around in the city. Just wish it wasn't that spendy.

Ive rented cars recently w\ Priceline and Hotwire and got much better deals than going through the rental agencies, and ended up getting cars w\ the larger firms (alamo & avis).

The cab ride from the Airport to Kore's place would be super pricey.

The cab ride from CVG to PluraBella is right at $40 each way...maybe $43. I rented a car the first time I went to see Kore, but after that, I just take a cab there. And there are plenty of great places to eat in walking distance too.

Ive rented cars recently w\ Priceline and Hotwire and got much better deals than going through the rental agencies, and ended up getting cars w\ the larger firms (alamo & avis).

Aren't both of those "take what you can get when you can get it" types of services? I tried using Priceline some time back, but had to book the room I wanted without seeing the hotel or type of room...pass.

@Elise -

Congrats on surviving! I found that the first 24-48 hours were the worst in terms of finding clothing to wear. If you can get away with a tank top with just the built in bra I would try that (i found that the band of my bra touching my tattoo was very uncomfortable for the first couple days). Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am rather "ample bosomed" and it isn't really feasible for me to go out in public without a good bra.

Edited by VCarter
Typo city!

Hmmm. I'm gonna check that out. I wonder if you can only book a car? I don't need hotel or anything...

@losParanoyas

Im a bit nervous about going there the first time...so to put my mind at ease I am driving. I feel a little more secure when I can control what is going on. I would fly if the price wasn't way, way more.

The cab ride from CVG to PluraBella is right at $40 each way...maybe $43. I rented a car the first time I went to see Kore, but after that, I just take a cab there. And there are plenty of great places to eat in walking distance too.

Where do you eat when you are there? We normally just eat lunch at The Blue Jay and thats it.

Aren't both of those "take what you can get when you can get it" types of services? I tried using Priceline some time back, but had to book the room I wanted without seeing the hotel or type of room...pass.

You can do it that way or you can just straight book a hotel or car. I get cars for about half the price without bidding. The trick with bidding is being super specific about the area you are staying in. The hotel I stay at when I get tattooed in Seattle is the only 3 1/2 star hotel in that bidding zone so I know what I am getting if I bid only on 3 1/2 star hotels in that zone. Priceline and Hotwire save me a lot of money. Getting tattooed costs me a lot of money.

Where do you eat when you are there? We normally just eat lunch at The Blue Jay and thats it.

We like the Blue Jay diner as well...they also have great tshirts for $10! Also on Hamilton, there's a place called Honey. It's a bit pricey, but their food is awesome. It's a bit on the fancy side, but not so much that you should stay away from it. And we went to a fancy/hipster taco place on Hamilton called Tacocracy and it was really good too. Really dumb name, but for hipster tacos, they were actually really tasty. I'm not sure if it's open yet, but there was supposed to be a taco place opening up right under the studio on the street level.

You can do it that way or you can just straight book a hotel or car. I get cars for about half the price without bidding. The trick with bidding is being super specific about the area you are staying in. The hotel I stay at when I get tattooed in Seattle is the only 3 1/2 star hotel in that bidding zone so I know what I am getting if I bid only on 3 1/2 star hotels in that zone. Priceline and Hotwire save me a lot of money. Getting tattooed costs me a lot of money.

Have you (not just you) tried airbnb? We usually stay with friends when we go to NYC but last time we booked into a nice studio in Boerum Hill in Brooklyn, just off Smith Street, so a quick and easy subway ride to Saved and within easy walking distance of friends, plus there are a lot of bars and restaurants around there, and it was a little over $100/night. We'll probably try using it again in February when we go down because we want to bring our dog with us.

First sessions with Mr. Flatmo next Monday/Tuesday.... My friend that I was going with had some stuff going on and can't go now. So it's just little old me on the twelve hour drive to Cinci. And...shitty part is we were taking his truck as mine isn't that reliable; now that he isn't going, I had to rent a car. That will run me $300 dollars.

Oh man I do not envy that 12 hour drive you have. I've got my 2 sessions with Kore Friday and Saturday and in looking at a 6-7 hour drive Thursday morning after 12 hour night shift. Hopefully the weather holds out...

Safe travels!

Oh man I do not envy that 12 hour drive you have. I've got my 2 sessions with Kore Friday and Saturday and in looking at a 6-7 hour drive Thursday morning after 12 hour night shift. Hopefully the weather holds out...

Safe travels!

Awesome man! It's pretty cool that two people from LST are taking up a week chunk of his time...

You gonna be around town Sunday at all or are you leaving right away Saturday?

The plan is to leave Sunday morning sometime. I've got to get back to London, you know, work and all that fun responsibility stuff...

Damn the man

Yeah... let me know when you go next time and maybe we could do a little meet up. I think there are four or five of us on LST that are currently getting tattooed by Kore.

Its pretty cool when you think about it. I think @losParanoyas wife is getting tattooed by Brenda and so is my wife. Small world.

It is really cool man. I think me, you, @Mush, @losParanoyas, and someone I can't remember are all in progress with him. We should all have some awesome tattoos to show for it also. I will be going there eevry couple months for the next few years; so anyone who wants to schedule with me or meet up or anything can just let me know.

@Mush

Thos backpiece studies are fantastic. He is working on my back when I go down. I couldn't be any more excited.

I've one more appointment at the end of Febuary to finish my dragon. After that I'm back in March, April, and May to do a tiger on my other chest panel. After that I will take a break before he starts on my back.

My wife is starting a new project with Brenda in the fall.

This sentence could only get better if it involved bacon.

I've one more appointment at the end of Febuary to finish my dragon. After that I'm back in March, April, and May to do a tiger on my other chest panel. After that I will take a break before he starts on my back.

Man that's awesome. I wish I had that kind of time and money to commit. I'd be all over something like that, but I have a wedding to help plan and save up for next year. I know if I spent all my time traveling to get tattoos there would be no wedding... Life's tough decisions....