Sign in to follow this  
Hogrider

Canadians, eh?

My brother and I rode our motorcycles from DC to Alaska and back a few weeks ago. We spent a chunk of the time riding across Canada. First of all, the Canadian people are really friendly. I love America, but I'm jealous of that. Second, there wasn't a day that went by that at least one person didn't come up and talk to me about my tattoos. Usually multiple times a day, when we stopped for gas or something to eat. I think my brother (inkless) was starting to get tired of it!

Lots of nice people, but I didn't see many people with a lot of tattoos up there, even the people that came up to talk to me. Usually a small tattoo or two.

A beautiful country, I encourage everyone to go.

Yeah, Canada is awesome! Just came back from my 4th trip, this time east coast only. I did see quite a few tattoos when I went to the beach near Montreal. They are naturally more visible at the beach though. Can't remember noticing that much in Canada apart from over there. As opposed to Chicago. It turned out that we were staying in a pretty hip neighbourhood and there were so many tattooed people around, that one could almost feel out of place without any. Very odd indeed. Not sure I liked that that much ;-)

On July 24, 2016 at 3:34 PM, omeletta said:

Yeah, Canada is awesome! Just came back from my 4th trip, this time east coast only. I did see quite a few tattoos when I went to the beach near Montreal. They are naturally more visible at the beach though. Can't remember noticing that much in Canada apart from over there. As opposed to Chicago. It turned out that we were staying in a pretty hip neighbourhood and there were so many tattooed people around, that one could almost feel out of place without any. Very odd indeed. Not sure I liked that that much ;-)

Come to Toronto of Vancouver - you'll see tattoos just about everywhere 

I met some Canadians a while ago.  I don't want to make them feel self-conscious or anything, but I heard an "eh?" within the first five minutes of conversation.  Much to my delight.

They may have been less charmed by the public inebriation on display in my fair city.

Edited by polliwog

On 26.7.2016 at 7:11 AM, El Dolmago said:

Come to Toronto of Vancouver - you'll see tattoos just about everywhere 

I live in Vancouver and I'm more surprised if someone in my social circle doesn't have any tattoos- but I also don't experience that strangers talk to me about my tattoos.