If yer lucky you could get Bob and Ray on the same day, no one does Baby Ray style black n grey or talks Baby Ray style shit like Baby Ray. Ya could even get tattooed by Charlie, he has to be the youngest bona fide living legend.

I made an appointment with Bob yesterday.

Not sure where Sailor Eddie (Jr) might fall into the mix here (Bonnie & Clyde's Tattoo) in Philly....but he has been tattooing 40/41 years and just celebrated his 49th Bday!

He has become a good friend of mine (like a brother) and this is a guy who learned to shave an arm with a straight razor when he was 5 years old, cut acetates when he was 8 years old, and sat and colored in flash with his Grandmother and Paul Rogers as a kid!

It's amazing to sit down in the shop with him and look though the family photo albums he has!

I think I am heading up tomorrow to see him in fact....since the weather is gonna really nice!

Is he still tattooing?

Someone told me he was living outside NYC up north somewhere but they didn't know

if he was still tattooing or not!

He is not officially retired, but doesnt tattoo a whole lot. Sometimes at conventions, and sometimes by referral at his house in Newburgh, NY. Hudson River Valley area. Beautiful place.

Legend for sure.

Awesome thread!!!

Dave Gibson gave me a list about 7 years ago of tattooers he would suggest I get tattooed by!

I asked for guys and gals with 40 years in or close to it and I have slowly been chipping away at his list ever since!

Slowly chipping away?, I think you're hitting it with jackhammer speed!haha----Jk but you do seem to be collecting some fun and terrific tattoos every time I see a post of yours(;

Slowly chipping away?, I think you're hitting it with jackhammer speed!haha----Jk but you do seem to be collecting some fun and terrific tattoos every time I see a post of yours(;

Yeah Deb.....I am doing what I can....and you know that for a fact......ha ha ha!

I thought I blew it when I didn't get Tony Polito last year BUT I was given a very rare chance to add a tattoo by him and I jumped all over it!

I should have gotten Steve Delgatto.....but I dropped the ball......it's in the works though!

I need to make a trip down the VA Beach area to add a little something from Scott Sterling as well!

And a trip up to Philly in the next few weeks to get something if I can from Jerry "Reds"

I am gonna be a busy Bunny!

Deb.....you really need to plan a trip to the East Coast sometime soon.....you know your name is on my list!!! ;)

And most of all Deb.....I have met some of the most wonderful people....and heard the most wonderful stories from them!

The memories are irreplaceable!!!

Yeah Deb.....I am doing what I can....and you know that for a fact......ha ha ha!

I thought I blew it when I didn't get Tony Polito last year BUT I was given a very rare chance to add a tattoo by him and I jumped all over it!

I should have gotten Steve Delgatto.....but I dropped the ball......it's in the works though!

I need to make a trip down the VA Beach area to add a little something from Scott Sterling as well!

And a trip up to Philly in the next few weeks to get something if I can from Jerry "Reds"

I am gonna be a busy Bunny!

Deb.....you really need to plan a trip to the East Coast sometime soon.....you know your name is on my list!!! ;)

Thank you Bunny - I was flattered that Dave added me. I'll certainly let you know if I do plan a trip East--- if I do it will probably be a visit to Jacksonville to Inksmith & Rogers. I'll keep you posted- save a little space (;

Thank you Bunny - I was flattered that Dave added me. I'll certainly let you know if I do plan a trip East--- if I do it will probably be a visit to Jacksonville to Inksmith & Rogers. I'll keep you posted- save a little space (;

And if you do....then I will have to come down if possible and add Eric Inksmith, Mike Willson & J.j. Dunbar tattoo's to my collection along with your tattoo! ;)

The only person I know that has actually met him has absolutely nothing at all good to say about him. Used to beat up his shopkid/apprentice, bullied him into spotting him & his roided out buddies while they were working out(the kid would never be able to actually spot the amount of weight they were pushing), kept horrible care of a bunch of animals in his basement, etc.

Ha, out of all the things Jack told me about Roy Boy, the most distaste he had was that Roy Boy was a 'smut peddler' at conventions back in the 80s.

Personally, the shit with the animals is what bothers me the most.

My only deal w him was when I worked in Daytona at Gill Montie's.

It was during bikeweek and I was alone in the shop - Royboy and his girl came in looking for Gill & while he was there about 5-6 some what menacing bikers came in & Royboy and his girl took off leaving me alone w them. One of the bikers took one of my machines. My only deal w Roy boy

The only person I know that has actually met him has absolutely nothing at all good to say about him. Used to beat up his shopkid/apprentice, bullied him into spotting him & his roided out buddies while they were working out(the kid would never be able to actually spot the amount of weight they were pushing), kept horrible care of a bunch of animals in his basement, etc.

Ha, out of all the things Jack told me about Roy Boy, the most distaste he had was that Roy Boy was a 'smut peddler' at conventions back in the 80s.

Personally, the shit with the animals is what bothers me the most.

Chad Koeplinger told me he visited Roy before he passed and that it was a very surreal experience.

I met him and Debra once at a convention and they scared the crap out of me, but that's not really a negative.

My only deal w him was when I worked in Daytona at Gill Montie's.

It was during bikeweek and I was alone in the shop - Royboy and his girl came in looking for Gill & while he was there about 5-6 some what menacing bikers came in & Royboy and his girl took off leaving me alone w them. One of the bikers took one of my machines. My only deal w Roy boy

Ha but I guess equal treatment for equal rights! Would I have expected him to stay if I wasn't a girl? Probably not!

It has been rumored that Dave Lum will only be tattooing till the end of this year.

Hogg hipped me to Dave Lum. I don't know how I slept on him for so long. I just got done checking out the Heavy Duty Tattooing video over at Shawn's blog. Someone help me scrape my brain off of the ceiling. Amazing stuff.