Horus

Tattoo cloudy

Hey guys! 
So I recently got a wrist tattoo and I'm worried about it looking cloudy/milky as it heals. 

After getting it, my tattoo artist slapped saniderm on it and told me to keep it on for 4 days and then take it off and clean the tattoo and then later apply lotion when it gets dry. 

However, an hour after leaving, I accidentally peeled off the top of the saniderm wrap so when I called him, he told me to take the entire thing off and then clean the tattoo and keep it dry and to clean it twice daily. 

As its healing (Its been nearly 2 weeks since I've gotten it), I noticed that as the scabs come off, under it, the tattoo looks milky/cloudy. Is this normal? Will it regain the black color? ;_;

Here are some pics:

xKi2274.jpg

This is directly after getting it. 

This is after some of the scabs fell off

6pGTamR.jpg

wK9BTCW.jpg

The really black parts are the parts that haven't scabbed and fell off yet but they're getting there. 

Will I need a touchup? T_T

Yep - it's normal for it to look a lot lighter after the scabs fall off. Black will never look as dark as when the tattoo is fresh. In reality it's always gonna look more of a dark blue than actual black. Occasionally you may also get lighter spots related to bits not healing so well / ink fallout - hard to know that til it's fully healed though.

got this tattoo last week in London. There appears to be blowout/blue tinted skin in the portion circled and other areas of it. I emailed  where I got it done (a refutable place) and they said to wait it out until the 3 week mark. Does this look like healing or blowout to you? Do you think it’d go away on its own or Is it treatable with laser if it’s blowout? I realize it’s minor but things like this bother me haha. I’ve attached pics. Im also wondering what you think the cause was, I have been careful but maybe not careful enough with clothes rubbing, etc? I read blowout is usually the artists fault. Also, above the om symbol, the dot has a blemish/ potential keloid on it and the ink is very faded. Im wondering if once the blemish is gone, the ink will reappear? It’s been a little over a week and this is my first tattoo. I’m really concerned it was my38D875EE-50CE-4A4D-99BB-BE0C3450135D.jpeg.eb20824558532ff45c3ddadbd6e25317.jpeg.7627eed8615c4158a2abb0acfca20a7b.jpeg fault. 

thank you!!

It's healing. Listen to your artist! You need at least a month before you know how it will settle in. 

Also, blowouts can happen to any artist, so it's not necessarily their fault. 

Breathe and let it settle in.

25 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

It's healing. Listen to your artist! You need at least a month before you know how it will settle in. 

Also, blowouts can happen to any artist, so it's not necessarily their fault. 

Breathe and let it settle in.

thank you :) i have major anxiety so this helped. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Hi All,   Just joined here. I have admired tattoos for most of my life. I have some old stuff from over 25 years ago and have decided to take the plunge and get some more. I will looking at getting some full multisession pieces done. One here in Florida and One in Europe as I fly to Germany to visit my wifes family usually twice a year. Hope I can get some great advice help on the European work and artists and make some new friends. Hopefully I will be talking to all of you really soon!!
    • Hi @HollyJoy I just happened to check in to the forum today for the first time since my last post.  Good timing with your post. Regarding updates, I continue to see progress since my second session, which occurred nearly 14 weeks ago.  I read somewhere that from an economical standpoint, it may be better to space out your sessions at least 12 weeks apart.  This makes sense to me as there are still ink droplets being removed by your immune system and the more that is removed, the higher the contrast between what remains and what no longer remains, thus having potentially greater effectiveness on the remaining tattoo.   I am trying to bring myself to schedule my next session.     I would like to make a comment in a general way about how I view removal at this point.  Essentially, I am pleased that this is a technology that is available.  I will continue to stick with it until my tattoo is lightened enough to go over or completely removed (yet to be determined if that is even possible).  I am hopeful that the new "RAP" technology will do all that is promised in terms of reducing sessions and price of tattoo removal.  *With everything above being said, I am not sure this was all worth it.  1)The pain is significant and recovery time negatively impacts my ability to live my life the way I would like to, active, gym, mountainbiking, playing with my kids, swimming, or even wearing a tie to work.  2)The cost is truly upsetting considering that each session is in excess of the price I paid for the tattoo in the first place.  3)The amount of time this process will take, amount of weeks of recovery essentially will make it about a year and a half of trauma, recovery of two weeks, three to five weeks of feeling better - to normal, then blasting myself with a laser again, repeating the process about 10 times.   4)The results are still uncertain.  In order to get to a point where I can tell how my body and the tattoo is responding to the treatment, we have to dial in settings and undergo enough sessions that there is no turning back.   4.b) I've seen results online and nearly always I think (that tattoo didn't look so bad before but certainly looks like a horrible smudgy mess now) and I wonder if that will be me in half a year.  Then what?  Half a year of a giant smudgy mess on my neck.   I can't write any of this without cringing at how, spoiled this all sounds.  I got a F'ing tattoo on my neck.  I got what I paid for and deserve what comes with it.  I love tattoos.  well, good tattoos.  Part of what makes tattoos special, unique, powerful is not just the difficulties endured to get it, both in pain and money, but that it IS permanent.  Most of its "edgyness" comes from this defining attribute that sets it apart from just drawing on myself with washable markers.  The fact it can be undone or potentially erased, takes some of the weight out of tattoos, waters down their significance and thus dilutes their power to some extent in my mind.  And yet, laser technology means I can try to amend an impulsive decision I made that I know regret.  And that last statement sums up why I'm doing this, against the 1-4b I listed above.  I have regretted this tattoo pretty soon after I got it.  having it affects my wardrobe choices every day and doubly so at work, and the mere possibility that I could get it removed was never far from my mind once I admitted to myself I was unhappy with it.   I plan to call for an appointment for my 3rd session tomorrow.  Once it is confirmed, I will post some pre-session pictures to compare progress since the last, and then post more photos after this next session.     I hope this long post is helpful to all who read it.  I realize I made some "philosophical" statements that I certainly don't think are true for everyone but accurately depict how I see things right now.   Sincerely,   Slarti
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics