Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

On 5/21/2021 at 6:23 PM, constantcreature said:

I'm two sessions in on a flora and fauna back piece by Virginia Elwood. The piece is covering up a somewhat ill-advised first tattoo that I got after surviving a very tough year at age 18, and I'm pushing 40 now, so it seemed like a good moment to move onwards and upwards.

I'm so in love with how it's coming out. Everyone is right about some of these spots being no joke though — 3-4 hours feels like PLENTY for one day. My next session is this week to add some more creatures in some of the spaces along the sides and hopefully start some shading. Should be "fun"!

What a rad outline here ! I really like the floral composition with the animals scattered here and there. I can't wait to see the progression on your full back.

You all make me want to start a back piece more and more... I will contact Joel Soos (Stockholm), he is doing amazing pieces  

On 6/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, SStu said:

Ok, it's been way too long - but I'm finally booked (in November) for some new work. Tine Defiore!

I didn't know the artist (well, that's no surpise given how much of a neophyte I am in the tattoo world), but I searched for some of her work online and I have to say I'm absolutely intrigued... have you already thought about the kind of design you'll ask her, or will you let her go with the flow of her own inspiration?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update at around 20 hours. The outline took 3 sessions to finish, around 10 hours (so. many. lines.). But we've been making steady progress with relatively short appointments every 2-3 weeks, and the cover up is almost done. I'm loving the wildflower color palette and all the little creatures peeking out here and there.

IMG_3462.jpg

On 9/1/2021 at 6:57 PM, constantcreature said:

Here's an update at around 20 hours. The outline took 3 sessions to finish, around 10 hours (so. many. lines.). But we've been making steady progress with relatively short appointments every 2-3 weeks, and the cover up is almost done. I'm loving the wildflower color palette and all the little creatures peeking out here and there.

WOW  !! super nice ! !

Edited by Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all - it's been a long time!  Between having a baby and surprise global pandemic, I took a 3 year tattoo hiatus.  You can imagine I was very excited to put an end to that extended break this past weekend with this piece by Steve Flores at Spiral Tattoo in Ann Arbor, MI.  Knee ditch butterfly:

442919101_butterflyday09Oct20215.thumb.jpg.71212e36d655b29a4876239dabd93e0b.jpg

2040917982_butterflyday110Oct20211.thumb.jpg.7cb735cef467ef27d79a627e64c94a99.jpg

I was really nervous about how I was going to heal this spot with a toddler running around.  I haven't bent my leg more than 45 degrees in 5 days, so we'll see how it turns out. 😛

On 10/14/2021 at 5:31 AM, tertia said:

Hey all - it's been a long time!  Between having a baby and surprise global pandemic, I took a 3 year tattoo hiatus.  You can imagine I was very excited to put an end to that extended break this past weekend with this piece by Steve Flores at Spiral Tattoo in Ann Arbor, MI.  Knee ditch butterfly:

442919101_butterflyday09Oct20215.thumb.jpg.71212e36d655b29a4876239dabd93e0b.jpg

2040917982_butterflyday110Oct20211.thumb.jpg.7cb735cef467ef27d79a627e64c94a99.jpg

I was really nervous about how I was going to heal this spot with a toddler running around.  I haven't bent my leg more than 45 degrees in 5 days, so we'll see how it turns out. 😛

it all looks great ! you're a tough girl to have that knee ditch done, good job.  very nice !

• 5 weeks later...