truejew

here we go again (ink masters season 2)

Contestant:

Ink or paint flash, Build/ assemble machines, make needles, make pigment and then do a clean tattoo. In less than what ever ridiculous time constraint they give you. Then you are #1

INK MASTER !!! Until then it is just people doing there job on television. They really should have people do stuff pertinent to the trade; but not show it on television. I wonder if they made a reality show about grocery store baggers if people would watch it. Like who could bag the most items in a minute. Paper or plastic. Have not really watched the show though, I know

Shane O'neill won and that guys work is awesome. I don't think either way on this show, good, bad whatever. If any one has ever seen Louis C.K.'s stand up about "white people problems",

spending time hating what you decide to watch or not watch on T.V. could be one of them.

Does winning a spot as a canvas come with a prize of free laser removal?
I could probably get a friend who does laser removal to sponsor one of us.

This is starting to sound like a plan... BUT, any LST'er who makes it onto the show MUST be the worst client ever and exclaim at some point that their tattooer smells like taco meat :cool:

@ShawnPorter - ok this has to happen. Who so far is waiting on a reply to be a Canvas? I know @Jack is, and @cibo did you mean in your post that you've applied?

*Disclaimer: If you don't want to get the 'squid pants' you don't have to... but it'd be really cool if you did ;)

OR!!!!!

If any LST Tattooers get on the show, then you need to try and convince one of your clients, sorry canvases, that their idea would be ok, but it'd be a lot better as squid pants

I signed up for a Topless Kim Jung Il headed pinup doll with a chainsaw in one hand and giving the shocker sign with the other. I said i wanted it on my calf. If i make the cut, I will say i wanted it to fill out my squid pantz. And call the artist a tatty wizard.

i signed up to be a canvas, they have yet to get back to me. I'm waiting with bated breath.

"Hunting with bated breath . . ." -Slayer, Mandatory Suicide

Behold feral tat hunter. ":)"

I signed up for a Topless Kim Jung Il headed pinup doll with a chainsaw in one hand and giving the shocker sign with the other. I said i wanted it on my calf. If i make the cut, I will say i wanted it to fill out my squid pantz. And call the artist a tatty wizard.

Nah man, Tat Wizzy

Where do you sign up for the show to get tattooed? I will apply with one tattoo idea and then completely change it when the "tattooer" gets the stencil on, and tell him/her that they "smell like taco meat" and then tell them instead I want a "B-Tat" design from season 1. But only if he/she has the "raw talent" to pull it off.

Bam!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Hey.  I have this on my hand and I want to blend it with the rest of the tattoo. There will be some more tattoos in the white bits above it but I need an idea on how I can merge the armband with the rest through a background or something. And also I'd like to have some sort of an ending on my forearm. I was thinking of a mandala design but not sure. Some gradient from the armband down into the mandala tattoo. If you have any suggestions please let me know.  https://imgur.com/a/AICbRo1
    • It just hurts, but it’s more deeper. It comes and goes, never consistent. Usually when I wake up or go to bed when I haven’t washed it yet or have put lotion on. Sometimes it still gets irritated. According to my artist, it has healed nicely. I’m wondering if it’s an allergic reaction or the way I would position my arm when I would sleep for the past month to avoid damage to the tattoo. Sorry, I really don’t know how to explain it properly 
    • You need to be more specific about that ache but i dont really see how it can be related to the tattoo
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Anisya
      I know many of you are film lovers but there doesn't seem to be a thread about tattoos in films....I decided to start with my favourite from 'Eastern Promises'
      (this picture doesn't include stars on each knee that he had in the film, as far as I remember)
      I don't think people realize that most tattoos you see in the cinema are the work of theatrical make-up artists....I think they've made a good job on Viggo and those tattoos are also very important to the film plot as we realize that we are dealing with real Russian mafia, not some plain criminal...and that there is some tragic history behind each of those marks....
      Anyone has a favourite tattoo from a film?
      Or maybe an opinion on how tattoos are represented by the movie industry? And why is there so much TRIBAL?? In the era of HD TV and digital cameras the excuse that some tattoos don't film well and it's best to use bold black designs is no longer enough to justify all those designs!
    • By abees
      Hadn't seen a thread for this?.. saw the page yesterday on facebook, can't wait to see it - https://www.facebook.com/TattooNationMovie
      "New Feature Documentary Film, Coming October 2012
      Tattoos used to be a sign of rebellion. A middle finger salute to the rest of the world. Outlaw bikers got tattoos. Sailors on leave in Singapore got tattoos. Lifers in the joint got tattoos.
      Now, your mother’s got a butterfly on her ankle and your kid’s sporting a tramp stamp. What happened? How did tattoos go from the renegade, readymade, carney cartoons inked as fast as possible to the art form they’ve become today?
      That transformation is the subject of the new documentary film, TATTOO NATION.
      TATTOO NATION tells how a few incarcerated but very talented Chicano artists changed the world of ink forever. It follows three tattoo pioneers, Charlie Cartwright, Jack Rudy and Freddy Negrete, and shows how a new, fine line style using detail and shading to achieve a remarkable realism revolutionized the world of ink.
      In 1975, Cartwright and Rudy boldly opened the first tattoo parlor in the heart of East LA’s Chicano community. They hired a recently paroled teenager who, while in jail, unknowingly established iconic images that spoke to an entire generation of Chicanos.
      Freddy Negrete became the first professional Chicano artist employed by a mainstream tattoo parlor - a tattoo parlor that was embraced as a new vehicle for self-expression by the Chicano community in East Los Angeles.
      For the first time, these legendary figures tell their stories in a feature-length documentary film. Included are other important figures such as David Oropeza and “Chuco” Caballero, winners of many prestigious tattoo competitions.
      Their victories brought international recognition to the uniquely American approach known as “Black & Grey”. The world of tattoo, and the way we regard tattoo, was forever changed."
    • By Kev
      I blame Troy Denning for leading me into the dark world of So Tatted Boyz via his Instagram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWSzKzTMS8&feature=relmfu
      Tatted shit indeed:

• By G.Uristti
      Ok, so I saw this last night on tv... Has anyone seen the show "bar rescue" ? It's a show about failing bars and some industry expert comes and shows them what's wrong and saves there business. So, if you haven't guessed by the name of the thread... The sane net work that presents bar rescue is gonna bring us the cesspool they will be calling "tattoo rescue". I think this show has promise, and by promise I mean, making me laugh my ass off in disbelief and disgust. Has anyone else seen the comin attractions to this show?
      I really do think it's go na be awesomely terrible and it has to have all these other shows beat by a mile
    • By Tight-Lines
      If you can make it to 1:54 you will see the greatest stage dive of all time. If not, you have heard what is quite possibly the worst music of all time leading up to that point.

• Recent Posts

• Hey.  I have this on my hand and I want to blend it with the rest of the tattoo. There will be some more tattoos in the white bits above it but I need an idea on how I can merge the armband with the rest through a background or something. And also I'd like to have some sort of an ending on my forearm. I was thinking of a mandala design but not sure. Some gradient from the armband down into the mandala tattoo. If you have any suggestions please let me know.  https://imgur.com/a/AICbRo1
    • It just hurts, but it’s more deeper. It comes and goes, never consistent. Usually when I wake up or go to bed when I haven’t washed it yet or have put lotion on. Sometimes it still gets irritated. According to my artist, it has healed nicely. I’m wondering if it’s an allergic reaction or the way I would position my arm when I would sleep for the past month to avoid damage to the tattoo. Sorry, I really don’t know how to explain it properly 
    • You need to be more specific about that ache but i dont really see how it can be related to the tattoo
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Anisya
      I know many of you are film lovers but there doesn't seem to be a thread about tattoos in films....I decided to start with my favourite from 'Eastern Promises'
      (this picture doesn't include stars on each knee that he had in the film, as far as I remember)
      I don't think people realize that most tattoos you see in the cinema are the work of theatrical make-up artists....I think they've made a good job on Viggo and those tattoos are also very important to the film plot as we realize that we are dealing with real Russian mafia, not some plain criminal...and that there is some tragic history behind each of those marks....
      Anyone has a favourite tattoo from a film?
      Or maybe an opinion on how tattoos are represented by the movie industry? And why is there so much TRIBAL?? In the era of HD TV and digital cameras the excuse that some tattoos don't film well and it's best to use bold black designs is no longer enough to justify all those designs!
    • By abees
      Hadn't seen a thread for this?.. saw the page yesterday on facebook, can't wait to see it - https://www.facebook.com/TattooNationMovie
      "New Feature Documentary Film, Coming October 2012
      Tattoos used to be a sign of rebellion. A middle finger salute to the rest of the world. Outlaw bikers got tattoos. Sailors on leave in Singapore got tattoos. Lifers in the joint got tattoos.
      Now, your mother’s got a butterfly on her ankle and your kid’s sporting a tramp stamp. What happened? How did tattoos go from the renegade, readymade, carney cartoons inked as fast as possible to the art form they’ve become today?
      That transformation is the subject of the new documentary film, TATTOO NATION.
      TATTOO NATION tells how a few incarcerated but very talented Chicano artists changed the world of ink forever. It follows three tattoo pioneers, Charlie Cartwright, Jack Rudy and Freddy Negrete, and shows how a new, fine line style using detail and shading to achieve a remarkable realism revolutionized the world of ink.
      In 1975, Cartwright and Rudy boldly opened the first tattoo parlor in the heart of East LA’s Chicano community. They hired a recently paroled teenager who, while in jail, unknowingly established iconic images that spoke to an entire generation of Chicanos.
      Freddy Negrete became the first professional Chicano artist employed by a mainstream tattoo parlor - a tattoo parlor that was embraced as a new vehicle for self-expression by the Chicano community in East Los Angeles.
      For the first time, these legendary figures tell their stories in a feature-length documentary film. Included are other important figures such as David Oropeza and “Chuco” Caballero, winners of many prestigious tattoo competitions.
      Their victories brought international recognition to the uniquely American approach known as “Black & Grey”. The world of tattoo, and the way we regard tattoo, was forever changed."
    • By Kev
      I blame Troy Denning for leading me into the dark world of So Tatted Boyz via his Instagram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWSzKzTMS8&feature=relmfu
      Tatted shit indeed:

• By G.Uristti
      Ok, so I saw this last night on tv... Has anyone seen the show "bar rescue" ? It's a show about failing bars and some industry expert comes and shows them what's wrong and saves there business. So, if you haven't guessed by the name of the thread... The sane net work that presents bar rescue is gonna bring us the cesspool they will be calling "tattoo rescue". I think this show has promise, and by promise I mean, making me laugh my ass off in disbelief and disgust. Has anyone else seen the comin attractions to this show?
      I really do think it's go na be awesomely terrible and it has to have all these other shows beat by a mile
    • By Tight-Lines
      If you can make it to 1:54 you will see the greatest stage dive of all time. If not, you have heard what is quite possibly the worst music of all time leading up to that point.