Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

• 2 weeks later...

So I am alive, albeit computerless for the most part, I miss being a part of this forum.

Im doing well, in school and in my personal life. That guy I keep referencing is now my bf, and I am excelling in all my courses this semester. My french professor asked me to be the tutor for her class in the next few semesters... That is all :)

I've just signed up for cooking classes. First up, knife skills class on the 16th. How to slice and dice as well as how to sharpen and maintain your knives. I love learning new skills and I think my wife and friends will also benefit from the development of my cooking skills. Also, it means I can finally justify buying jeans with an elastic waist! I'm 42 but feeling like a well-fed 68 year old.

I'd taken about a good month and a few weeks off of running due to getting sick and just feeling like rubbish. My mood and waistline definitely started to notice. I got a good 4.5 miles in this evening and I hope to keep this up. @Pleadco congrats! I'm an animal person, but my orange cat is my little prince.

I'd taken about a good month and a few weeks off of running due to getting sick and just feeling like rubbish. My mood and waistline definitely started to notice. I got a good 4.5 miles in this evening and I hope to keep this up. @Pleadco congrats! I'm an animal person, but my orange cat is my little prince.

Orange cats! I've got two, and if it wasn't insane I'd have 7 of them.

Man, what have I been up to lately... I feel like I never have much to contribute to this thread because most of my life involves tattooing and making art. I went down for a dental consultation and got to visit California Electric Tattoo Parlor in Soquel, that was a cool experience. So much beautiful flash in that shop! I just got a new batch of business cards, designed a tshirt for our shop, and am finishing up a painting that I will be mailing off soon. I went to see a band on Monday that I've been an avid fan of for the last 6 years, that was really great.

Oh and we just hired a new artist, I'm really stoked to have her around. We have a lot in common as far as interests, but our art looks pretty different so it's been motivating. And of course I got to meet several wonderful LSTers over dinner last month.

Spent over an hour sitting in the basement w/the kids tonight while the tornado sirens were going off. Posting updates on FB while listening to the traffic on my husband's department radio. The tornado came 1 mile south of us and then disappeared. After it had tracked on the ground for about 60 miles or so-and it was a mile wide-just poof, it was gone. Craaaazy.

Spent over an hour sitting in the basement w/the kids tonight while the tornado sirens were going off. Posting updates on FB while listening to the traffic on my husband's department radio. The tornado came 1 mile south of us and then disappeared. After it had tracked on the ground for about 60 miles or so-and it was a mile wide-just poof, it was gone. Craaaazy.

Glad you guys are okay!

Winter is creeping up so it's time for me to renew my volunteer hours at a local shelter.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only seen a tornado once, outside Winnipeg when I was a kid in the 70s. Scared the hell out of me. Glad you are all all right.

We went to this Irezumi art opening in Hollywood Thursday night.

https://www.facebook.com/irezumiartshow

Saw some great art there from the likes of Stewart Robson, Tim Lehi, Mike Rubendall, etc., etc. Bob Roberts and Oliver Peck were there. Corey Miller's band played and we met him as he was bringing stuff to the stage. Our little 5 yr old excitedly told him that she's going to be Sleeping Beauty for Halloween. He seemed impressed. Sweet guy.

Winter is creeping up so it's time for me to renew my volunteer hours at a local shelter.

- - - Updated - - -

I've only seen a tornado once, outside Winnipeg when I was a kid in the 70s. Scared the hell out of me. Glad you are all all right.

Yay for volunteering in a shelter!

- - - Updated - - -

The storm ended up not being near as bad as it could've been, thankfully! We had one come thru town a few years ago and that was wicked-definitely the scariest weather I've ever been thru.

I just pressure cooked my first whole chicken. I browned it on all sides, then added celery, carrots, onions, 1 cup of stock, star anise, and fresh oregano, thyme, and rosemary. I then put the lid on and 25 minutes later I removed a chicken dripping with juices and tender beyond all imagination. Just before doing that, I diced a butternut squash, apples, and onions. I put them in a bowl with kosher salt, pepper, and olive oil. I popped that in the oven for 35-40 minutes and it was ready at the same time as my chicken.

All said and done, I was able to do the entire meal, from prep to plate in about an hour.

Awesome.

We went to this Irezumi art opening in Hollywood Thursday night.

https://www.facebook.com/irezumiartshow

Saw some great art there from the likes of Stewart Robson, Tim Lehi, Mike Rubendall, etc., etc. Bob Roberts and Oliver Peck were there. Corey Miller's band played and we met him as he was bringing stuff to the stage. Our little 5 yr old excitedly told him that she's going to be Sleeping Beauty for Halloween. He seemed impressed. Sweet guy.

I am so insanely jealous of you! I saw a few pics from the show and am dying to check it out.

Getting ready to cover for a bud at work for day shift. This would not be so awesome, but it eats up the day while I wait on phone calls for not one, but two minor surgeries I'll be having this week. And one of which, although it's a simple day surgery, is going to vastly improve my life. I am so freaking sick of puking, diarrhea, and eating nothing but oatmeal, organic chocolate milk, and the occasional soda when my body can tolerate it.

If I'm ultra-lucky, one will be scheduled tomorrow, the next Wednesday, then I have Thursday off before returning to a week of night shifts. Now THAT would be truly awesome.